Just A Little Advice To High Achievers (1 Viewer)

HSC
gibbo153 said:
yeah.

people are like 'ZOMGGG DO SUBJECTS THAT SCALEZ HEAPZ GUDD'

then they do them, and suck at them, then get sucky results, and suck.

do subjects you are good at, so you do well in them, and maximise your results despite your subject 'scaling poorly'
I know what you mean.

I know people who chose subjects purely because of its 'high scaling' value. Got low - average marks in them which affected their UAI and they got lower than expected UAI's.

HSC
Cinnamonster said:
It's better to take subjects that you're good at (and a subject that you like) and totally ace them instead of doing subjects you can't do and not doing as well as you could've done in a better subject.
Hence why I took Visual Arts and Music 1 (which are apparently notorius for being low scaling subjects) instead of... I don't know... Physics and Chemistry or something.

And anyone who can achieve a Band 6 in PDHPE is a legend. I've heard it was a terribly difficult subject.

Word of advice: choose subjects that you LIKE.
+1.

That's exactly what I did.

I chose the subjects I would do well in and would enjoy studying even though it was average scaling subjects.

Did heaps good in those subjects which scaled up my UAI.

Now I have a higher UAI compared to some other people I know who did higher scaled subjects than me.

So yeah, it doesn't depend entirely on the type of subjects you do, it depends mostly on how well you do in them.

Cheers.

:music:

mckensara

HSC
Since i'm some massive noob i wonder
how do you know if your subjects scale badly?

i get mixed messages on mine sometimes
i just took what i liked.
eh. always a good option i guess

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
mckensara said:
Since i'm some massive noob i wonder
how do you know if your subjects scale badly?

i get mixed messages on mine sometimes
i just took what i liked.
eh. always a good option i guess
Check out 'Table A3 UAC' google it. You might get the 2006 one though, but most times their similar

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
simonloo said:
Check out 'Table A3 UAC' google it. You might get the 2006 one though, but most times their similar
Thanks heaps, i was trying to look for that before!

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
guys it's SIMPLE. if you do high scaling subjects, you have leeway to do a little worse. if you do 'low scaling' subjects, you pretty much have to smash them if you want an awesome result. it really depends on your AIM, what you LIKE, and what you're GOOD AT and WILLING TO PUT WORK INTO. be warned though, a hiccup in a 'low scaling' subject = disaster. in some cases, epic disaster.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
nicko1990 said:
guys it's SIMPLE. if you do high scaling subjects, you have leeway to do a little worse. if you do 'low scaling' subjects, you pretty much have to smash them if you want an awesome result. it really depends on your AIM, what you LIKE, and what you're GOOD AT and WILLING TO PUT WORK INTO. be warned though, a hiccup in a 'low scaling' subject = disaster. in some cases, epic disaster.
The Man speaks the truth ^^

AHA I'm doing all high scaled subjects without even realising it :headbang:

dp624

HSC
Wow you're doing a lot of subjects... 13 units? Your histories don't have the best scaling

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
dp624 said:
Wow you're doing a lot of subjects... 13 units? Your histories don't have the best scaling
Yeah, 13 UAI units. Nah they don't, but modern scales higher than biology and most subjects unless i'm reading the table wrong. I never knew that... i always though it was the other way around oO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)