Just a Question: Rank in EE2 (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Before the summer holidays, I had completed my English Extension 2 assessment, that being a combination of both a viva voce addressing your proposal of your conceptual framework. There were a panel of three teachers and the marking seemed extremely tough as they expected a refined and specific concept ready to work on for the major work. However, my class thought that the idea was suppose to be broad at first and it gradually and naturally, refines itself through more research. It was only one and half months and they expected a precise concept. The point is that I only received 70%, however still ranked 1st - are my chances in getting an E4, more specfically around 48~/50 ruined?

Cheers, my apologies if in the wrong section.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
That seems a bit strict of your school, though I'm sure they're only trying to get you prepared for the holidays, because it IS so much easier if you have your concept worked out by then. (Mind you, I decided to rewrite mine a month before it was due... but I don't recommend that for your mental stability...)

Don't worry too much about the mark, though I understand it would be disheartening. You're definitely not out of the running for a 48+, particularly because you're ranked first. If you stay ranked first, and say, your school's final mark to the board was 40, yet externally you were marked say, 49, your school mark will be aligned (correct term?) appropriately, and you'll end up getting the high mark you deserve. That's why there is an aligning system; because different schools have different marking standards. If the whole cohort ends up going better externally than they did internally, the board will realise that your school is more harsh with their marks.

Don't lose heart!

Sammy2011

HSC
Thats exactly what happened with my EE2 proposal. They have done the same thing year after year, yet this year they decided to make it non-assessable, which was a huge relief. Even so, my class freaked out because it seems too early to have to pinpoint EXACTLY what your going to do for next year. Congrats on ranking first :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)