Just a thought (1 Viewer)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
There are too many songs these days about one night stands, or illusory love.
People think that love is feeling good...they aren't willing to try to make things work, or to commit. The media portrays an image that it's right to do this, it's okay to dump someone for something shallow before you can even get to know them...if there's anything you don't like about them, then that's grounds to dump them.

And people wander around aimlessly wondering why they are so miserable...it is because they are selfish. They aren't willing to give of themselves...so they start off on the opposite side to whoever they're in a relationship with...and from then onwards it's a tally of who does more, who is more committed, less annoying, more of a grub, more of a spender, etc.

This saddens me.

is a roflcopter
HSC
something bad happen to you?

oh yeah in your absence i took over the latin in a bloody coup

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Youre obviously very lonely. You need a one night stand and to calm down.

Relax.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
jumb said:
Youre obviously very lonely. You need a one night stand and to calm down.

Relax.
How can you conclude this?

You think that people only think when they're depressed? It was just a thought.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
music is going downhill actually, poor 13 and 14 year olds listening to it, and we wonder why they are growing uo so fast

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Weisy said:
People think that love is feeling good...they aren't willing to try to make things work, or to commit. The media portrays an image that it's right to do this, it's okay to dump someone for something shallow before you can even get to know them...if there's anything you don't like about them, then that's grounds to dump them.

And people wander around aimlessly wondering why they are so miserable...it is because they are selfish. They aren't willing to give of themselves...
okay i could be wrong here
but if you're mainly talking about young people..
i think it's fine for young people to be picky and quick to dump their partners
you're not looking for a husband/wife yet (most people, anyway)
you're young, it's your time to have fun, enjoy yourself etc
if you do that by having one night stands or whatever, then that's your perogative

if you don't agree with that sort of thing, though, don't do it

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I agree. I understand where you're coming from, but frankly, I'm 17. I'm not ready to be a comittee. I want to have fun, I want to be selfish, I have no interest in finding the love of my damn life.

berry580

HSC
You know in a way, she's right. But this is the world's trend and there's nothing we can do to change it, all we can do is either adpat it, or influence the majority to change like an idiot to others.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh.. im recently singled from a long relationship that i thought was deep.. and lik i swear.. i heard lik mix fm (bus an in shops) and 2day fm (car) for the whole time in in sydney.. its so depressing..

im 19 and i agree with weisy (perhaps its med?).. but i was ready to commit.. and rid myself of uncertainty with that special person..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
meh.. im recently singled from a long relationship that i thought was deep.. and lik i swear.. i heard lik mix fm (bus an in shops) and 2day fm (car) for the whole time in in sydney.. its so depressing..

im 19 and i agree with weisy (perhaps its med?).. but i was ready to commit.. and rid myself of uncertainty with that special person..
yeah i was in that same predicament and find myself listening to ballads and what not more often :S

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I am like nobody else in this thread.

I don't have feelings.

But I agree with Wei, for all those people who do have feelings it's very sad. I am sad for them. Well I would be, if I felt sadness.

Very sad.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Weisy said:
There are too many songs these days about one night stands, or illusory love.

And people wander around aimlessly wondering why they are so miserable...it is because they are selfish. They aren't willing to give of themselves...so they start off on the opposite side to whoever they're in a relationship with...and from then onwards it's a tally of who does more, who is more committed, less annoying, more of a grub, more of a spender, etc.

This saddens me.
you said that people think "love is feeling good" well i think it is about feeling good and being happy and being in love.
Not everyone is like the people you describe eg "selfish and shallow", some people are but some aren't everyone is different.
I think you may have had a bad experience, try not to dwell on one bad experience too much, look towards the future and better relationships, if someone is shallow and they aren't willing to get a chance to know you properly before they dump you for some silly reason , well they aren't worth it.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
People should really reply to someone's contentions rather than attempting to reply to (a presumption about) the person.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
you said that people think "love is feeling good" well i think it is about feeling good and being happy and being in love.
Not everyone is like the people you describe eg "selfish and shallow", some people are but some aren't everyone is different.
I think you may have had a bad experience, try not to dwell on one bad experience too much, look towards the future and better relationships, if someone is shallow and they aren't willing to get a chance to know you properly before they dump you for some silly reason , well they aren't worth it.
yeah, I agree that my views are definitely not all-encompassing. People aren't always out for themselves, and relationships aren't perfect.

for the record, I wasn't saying all of this because I've had a terrible experience recently, because I haven't. Thankyou all for jumping to that poignant conclusion :p I was just listening to some of the trash they call music, and thinking about how 13 year old kids would be responding to it. And for those of you who think its okay, well maybe it is, but what if it's just another manifestation of the brainwashing process?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Weisy said:
yeah, I agree that my views are definitely not all-encompassing. People aren't always out for themselves, and relationships aren't perfect.

for the record, I wasn't saying all of this because I've had a terrible experience recently, because I haven't. Thankyou all for jumping to that poignant conclusion :p I was just listening to some of the trash they call music, and thinking about how 13 year old kids would be responding to it. And for those of you who think its okay, well maybe it is, but what if it's just another manifestation of the brainwashing process?
Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)