Just did the exam. What did YOU think? (1 Viewer)

dansnation

yeh i was REALLY suprised at how broad the questions were... i spose i was really preparing myself for the worst. ?? It really allowed u to just jot down the practice essays that you had written previously. In saying that, i was stuck for time during the last question - consumerism, so it was really rushed and not detailed..

Snail

Macbeth

Section 2 screwed me over, I just wasn't prepared for that kinda question.

Majik Edz

consumerism

What other texts did people use for the last question regarding consumerism? i was stuck at first, and ended up using Richard Branson's autobiography, and this other thing on tv that i cant be bothered explaining. I thought the first question was way too broad. I did "The Club". Its not like they can say "Well, sorry son, but you actually didnt learn that", unless its something completely ridiculous. Did anyone else do We All Fall Down?

cant believe we had to do another frikken letter in question 6!

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
henry lawson
AWM - 1918 Aust In France
consumerism.

sec II sucks shits............the question was way too demanding. as if it wasn't hard enough to study the site. they wanted specifics - UNSUNG HEROES suck ass.

the rest were okay im quite satisfied with my performance. :mad:

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
does anyone else even do the AWM web??? or was it just our dumbass head of dept who chose it for us.

N

newfoundglory

i thought it was hell ditez, question one was too broad, question two was ok for witness, and question three was confusing for the novel RAW, all up i say it was HARD, give it a 6, and i only wrote like 13 pages, paper one was hell easier.:mad:

caromello55

i thought section two sucked so much ass its not funny
i couldn't have been more not ready for that question
and i left that section till last cause i wanted to put more effort in on the other sections so a) i had not that much time and b) i didn't know what the hell to write

jessie_115

I liked the exam. I wrote 23 pages in all.......hopefully there is some substance there. I really liked Telling Stories questions as you could basically talk about the main technqiues studies, the Wilfred Owen question was fair and I liked the Section 3 question - (Institution).

Missngel

i knew paper 2 was gonna be piss easy coz i thought they totally stuffed up paper 1!!! I thought it was slack that they gave us a feature article and how section 2 was related to section 1, plus i hated that cicada poem that was so dumb!!!
So ye i kinda thought they had to make up for it so im really happy with paper 2!!
I wrote like 17 pages all together hopefully the content was ok ;)

lalicat

ggggrrrrrr

question 1 was waaaay too broad i thought, i didnt know how or where to start. i looooved question 3 there was so much to crap on about there but hello, did anyone else do briar rose? that question was bullshit i swear. oh well im off to burn it. good luck

|YaKuZa|EyEz On

Ghey...

:chainsaw: FUCK :chainsaw:
Can i ask how many hours ya'll put into this exam?
I did Lawson - Telling Stories
Macbeth - Gheyness
Consumerism - Made up my own source material

I wrote 9 for laweson 9 for macbeth and 5 for consumerism.
Did anyone mention Tradgedy in Macbeth? Also Lawons isn't that broad cause its giving u a chance to narrow down on an angle and show how it appeals to u. So u can concentrate on a couple of areas.

Btw roughly how many quotes did u guys use? And i have the same problem some teachers say don't include "I" in an essay others say Use it. And Excel has it in the sample essay. I mean wtf make up their minds,

Ne ways ENGLISH IS OVER PPL LET THAT SINK IN!!!

DABOMB!

WHOAAA!!!

i cant believe it...it wasn't like a hrad paper and i knew my shit...but i dunno...when it came on paper it was so shit lookin...like no structure at all...i wrote bout 19 pages all up but i think i stuffed them hard...the shoe horn sonata was craaaaaaaaaaaap.............!! ok byeeeeeeee:argue:

josie_is_slut

hey wat happened if i used "I" or "we" or "us" in the 1st question becoz the question said what have you learned from studying wateva module....would u get marked down for that?

CrazyCarl

i thought it sucked big time, i didnt know my stuff as well as i should of.. but u get that dont u:chainsaw:

kruwaata

English

Hey i wrote a lot for all my modules except for consummerism (running outa time) But.... isnt it quality vs quantity!! Cause i suck at quality!!
:eek:

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by caromello55
i thought section two sucked so much ass its not funny
i couldn't have been more not ready for that question
and i left that section till last cause i wanted to put more effort in on the other sections so a) i had not that much time and b) i didn't know what the hell to write
I feel the same way!

I did Section I and Section III first because I thought they required more time. But for Section II, I didn't realize that it would take a while to actually rearrange the essay structure I had in my mind into interview form.

I did "Witness" for Section II. What did you do?

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by josie_is_slut
hey wat happened if i used "I" or "we" or "us" in the 1st question becoz the question said what have you learned from studying wateva module....would u get marked down for that?
Hmmm... I don't think the use of the words "I", "We" or "Us" really matters that much in English.

At least I hope not, considering that I repeated the words "I've learnt" several times :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)