Just ruined my business essay? (1 Viewer)

lgnorant

HSC
Went very well in everything else but 3 pages into my essay i forgot to refer to a case study (DONT ASK ME WHY i just blanked) was 15 minutes left, either restart and chuck the 3 pages or keep going.

i listed 6 external/internal influences with examples and explanation, guessing the lack of case study will really hit hard?

TomTom123

HSC
I made up Shanghai Minerals as a geographic factor towards access to resources

lol

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You may have been better of messing with your structure and inserting one, than leaving it our completely.

You won't do as well, but I don't think it will be a dramatic drop.

lgnorant

HSC
Should have just put the word qantas in summary and conclusion wouda picked up a refering to case study mark...kinda bugs me, ugh.

NubMuncher

HSC
We were told by a HSC marker that if you don't put ina case study your mark is capped at 14/20 and that's if it is brilliant.

timinator1993

HSC
Anyone have any idea about what it could be capped at? I heard it was prolly around 16 if it was very good...

michaeljennings

HSC
16-18 I'd say. Somewhere in that region.
My business studies teacher (hsc marker) said that no case studies means your capped at around 12.

But OP, when you say you used examples, does that mean you referred to businesses as examples? Ie. For example stating that woolworths moved to india to increase marketshare. Because that would count as using cased studies.

lgnorant

HSC
My business studies teacher (hsc marker) said that no case studies means your capped at around 12.

But OP, when you say you used examples, does that mean you referred to businesses as examples? Ie. For example stating that woolworths moved to india to increase marketshare. Because that would count as using cased studies.
said "if a certain business bla bla" those type of examples....i dont think i would be capped at 12? a few friends did same thing and they got 13 and 11 and theres werent exceptional.

timinator1993

HSC
OP i did the same thing, I just read the question and it never even occured to my to use my case study, I was just expecting it to say something along the lines of "Use real-world examples to support your conclusions" or something like that :S

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
No case study is a cap of 14-15.
Cannot get into high Band 5 or Low 6

Most no case studies also lack the ability to CRITICALLY ANALYSE, so unless you were amazingly in-depth as a UNI student to relate all plausible modern implications, you're probably looking at about anywhere from a 9-13.

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad

If no case study is referred to, then the mark is capped at 12, however if some reference is made you should expect 14-17

Basit-b

HSC
I spent wayyy too much time on my Report and i only got into 2 pages of my essay until they called time. I'm gutted. 2 pages is nothing,,it was quality stuff though with full reference to a case study....bloody time managemetn.

baderalduja

HSC
N/A
I only wrote 3 pages without conclusion because I run out of time. I think I talked about Qantas with a few sentences for each point i remembered (external changes and reasons for expansion) but did not write anything about their definitions, e.g. economies of scale is bla bla then refer to Qantas. In addition I think I I combined some external changes with reasons....this is what I can remember at the moment..OMG I forgot

So please can anyone tell me how much I can get on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)