Just to clarify something... (1 Viewer)

HSC
If there was a class of three, where everyone did poorly internally (around 70%) and I managed to top with 75%... assuming I get a 90 externally and the other two get 70 externally, does the 90 become my final mark to be scaled with my other subjects?

I'm just making sure, as my teachers are a bunch of retards.

Nick_K

HSC
Uni Grad
If you top then your assesment mark is the top external mark of the class.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you top it, both your internal and external mark become 90.

HSC
If you top it, both your internal and external mark become 90.
So generally speaking, my terrible internal mark doesn't matter if I rank first both internally and externally. I just receive the mark I get in the actual HSC exam...

that's awesome, thanks!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So generally speaking, my terrible internal mark doesn't matter if I rank first both internally and externally. I just receive the mark I get in the actual HSC exam...

that's awesome, thanks!
A terrible internal mark across the board in your school either means that your school will perform badly in the externals, or your teachers mark hard.

In either case, if you top both, and you perform well externally, it won't matter.

HSC
A terrible internal mark across the board in your school either means that your school will perform badly in the externals, or your teachers mark hard.

In either case, if you top both, and you perform well externally, it won't matter.
awesome...

I'm going to end up with a bad internal mark, with a ranking of first. I plan on going ape shit on my externals.

Matt 20 1

HSC
what happens if you don't rank first, but still go considerably well in the exam?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
what happens if you don't rank first, but still go considerably well in the exam?
You'll get your external mark as your external mark. Your internal mark will be the external mark of whoever in the exam is ranked the same as you ranked internally. So you want to hope that your classmates do well if you haven't ranked first.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
You'll get your external mark as your external mark. Your internal mark will be the external mark of whoever in the exam is ranked the same as you ranked internally. So you want to hope that your classmates do well if you haven't ranked first.
Tad confusing do you mean

Rank 1st gets best external mark of your class
Rank 2nd gets 2nd best external mark of your class
and so on and so on?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Tad confusing do you mean

Rank 1st gets best external mark of your class
Rank 2nd gets 2nd best external mark of your class
and so on and so on?
No, because it's broken into internal and external.

You get your own external mark.
Your internal mark is the external mark in the rank you got internally.

So if you ranked 5th internally, you'd get the 5th highest external mark as your internal.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
/Conclude

hscishard

HSC
|zero| is right. Though technically they do some data stuff for the students that aren't ranked 1st. They do this by looking at the internal mark differences, the mean, standard deviation and all that statistics shit

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
No, because it's broken into internal and external.

You get your own external mark.
Your internal mark is the external mark in the rank you got internally.

So if you ranked 5th internally, you'd get the 5th highest external mark as your internal.
I found it funny how everyone in the class relied on me to kill the external exams for certain subjects so all of their marks would get raised up LOL

shamimi95

HSC
What if you came first in a subject and you screwed up on the externals with a mark of let's say... 70

And the second ranked person who studied really really really hard gets 100. Do you get that mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)