kazza crackdown (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
music label companies r 'trying' 2 get rid of kazza users in parts of aus, they r particularly targeting tertiary institutions. do u fink sharing music is 'legally' and morally correct? how do u feel if u were the artist being 'shared'?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
it depends on the artists charcteristics

goodwill versus money

most would want the money, others are in in it to get popular
the insecure ones probably don't care

Alexander

Gold Member
Yeah I heard this too.
I think Kazaa's great, but I dont think it's very honest.
The time and resources that go into producing an album are huge. The artists arent the only ones losing, its a variety of people from the record company executive to the check-out chick at k-mart.
But I like the idea of information not being restricted and stuff...what an age we live in.

Nomes

The normal Kazaa was crap cause it filled your computer with spyware and pop-up ads and stuff. Kazaa Lite is great except for the whole dishonest/illegal thing.

Alexander

Gold Member
I didnt actually hear the whole story...are they serious? should we...i mean..anyone who has it..uninstal it RIGHT NOW?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I don't think theres a definite answer to this...on the one hand, some people take 100% advantage of it, and download hundreds and hundreds of songs, and never pay a cent to go see a band or buy an album.
For others, they may download a few songs that they may otherwise not have heard, and this may encourage them to go out and support that artist. And giving people an easy way to expose themselves to different types of music ain't a bad thing.
So I'm on the fence.

jayz

walking
Originally posted by Alexander
I didnt actually hear the whole story...are they serious? should we...i mean..anyone who has it..uninstal it RIGHT NOW?
dunt be worried man, they r only aiming to crackdown on large instituitions, it's impossible to get rid off all the home users, :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah they only really target the "bigtime" file sharers, cos they are easily trackable I guess
I hardly share much cos I'm scared of being caught!

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
But if they were going to get eliminate Kazaa wouldn't that mean these music label companies would have to do the same with other music sites too? It totally defeats the purpose - people will just go off to other sites available and share music or whatever, wont they?

Just my thoughts.

bluesky100, who downloads music - not from Kazaa ;)

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
they cant shut down kazza cause its p2p, and your not downloading files from a server provider like Napster.

Anyways, kazza is shite. Ya download songs that ghey up with chattery crap.

jayz

walking
one thing i dunt understand, y r the music companies cracking down on music piracy, when they noe they can make more money by selling records which might be more appealing to buyers with the process of adding a few posters (i.e. in asia), extra songs, pc desktop themes, etc?

or in more straight forward terms, y not just make the records cheaper? it's not lyk the music industry is in great debt or anything, and theoritically, the demand on records will rise with the fall in price

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
[simpsons] awww taxes, the finger thing means taxes [/simpsons]

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Whilst I use WinMX, I do not use it that often. It's my belief that if you like a band/singer then you should show your support by buying their album and rewarding them for their efforts (unless it's Britney Spears, download that bitch!).

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
how about, we download their music, if its that good, we send them money directly, cutting out the record companies who'd take a fat chunk out, therefore supporting the artist more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)