kazza crackdown (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
This is Australia dearie. The RIAA is the recording industry association of AMERICA. They aren't suing Australians
well .. they must have started in australia

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
well .. they must have started in australia
no they musn't have. The only MP3 related issues that have taken place in Australia are in relation to copyright material being held on university servers and 3 kids running a http mp3 website getting into trouble.

paper

ppl will always b looking 2 mnimise the cost in getting the music and inevitably with the technology available, ppl(many who have litle care for just 1 out of the hundreds of artirsts they listen 2) will find ways to circumvent a price that they deemed too high. shutting down kazaa wont stop the sharing or have much affect at all over time as there are alternative methods that will become just as or even more popular.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
most of the time, out of the $30 we pay for new CD's, only a very small percentage goes to the artist. The recording companies should not be so greedy and lower their own profits so CD's are cheaper, maybe then would i be more encouraged to go out and by a new CD.

For now i think i will stick to my MP3 collection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)