HSC
Should I drop ext eng?
Pros
-very small class <6 people
-I heard it scales well

Cons
-Content is dry/uninteresting
-Teacher sucks and classmates are arrogant

I think i can do well if I tried, but then again I hate studying for it. If I do drop it, I only have 10 units; Which means I have to work hard on all my subjects to do exceptionally well... problem is, I do ext math as well and I'm not doing so great... then again, I know I can work harder for it.

What do you guys think? let me know of your opinions or your experiences :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
If you don't enjoy it, then chances are you aren't gonna do as well. I suggest thinking about whether you need it, and if you can study consistently and do well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should keep extension English ... remember later on you can always drop if it gets too hard but you can't re-pick it back up

GabbyS

HSC
I have the same mixed feelings about EE1 - the content can get a little monotonous and I don't like my teacher's style where she expects us to figure out everything on our own with basically no help. My class is a combination of strong english students and a few bad eggs, but there's only about 10-12 people in the class. I reckon you should keep it for prelim: if you are a good english student you will find that you will learn most things through common sense and your knowledge from advanced and actually do quite well. Keep in mind that doing it also allows you to do EE2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)