Kelso High School destroyed by fire (1 Viewer)

Captain pi

HSC
The 1300 hrs ABC Radio News reported that fire had destroyed Kelso High School.

(ABC Online doesn't seem to have the transcript.)

walrusbear

HSC
gordo said:
i wonder if the major art works were burned?
from what i've heard the HSC major works only finished recently
so probably

nwatts

HSC
Yep. Very sucky. I really do feel for art/d&t students. Really awful.

I do believe there's another thread around on the matter though. Not much point having two threads discussing the same thing!

Captain pi

HSC
gordo said:
i wonder if the major art works were burned?
They, as well as the Design & Technology projects, were indeed destroyed, according to the report (which I can't find on ABC Online.)

tempco

HSC
walrusbear said:
i went to school in bathurst

poor kelso hscers :(
i know. i can't even begin to imagine how they'd be feeling right now. :(

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Entire school went up, including everything related to the HSC and SC. Was deliberatly lit. Was MASSIVE. They had NSWFB from Batho, Orange, Sydney (Penrith), Blaxland, Leura and Kelso. They had RFS from Batho, Kelso and Raglan. Took 2 hours to get under control, during that time, a fire engine (from either Bathurst or Kelso) caught on fire too. You could see the fire from South Bathurst and Windradyne (opposite side of Bathurst - Kelso is the entry from Sydney, Windradyne is near the Orange exit). They're sending all KHS kids to Bathurst High - can't really send then anywhere else because the next closest high school would be Blaney or then Orange/Canobolos. Kelso and Bathurst High detest each other.

I had 2 different cabbies tell me the night it happened, and got updates from them/bar staff/friends living in Kelso all night.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
so what do you think will happen to the people who lost major works? what kind of provisions does the board of studies make for exceptional circumstances like this?

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
That would be horrific. Of course, they get misadventures. But think of the effort wasted et al. Urgh. That would suck.

Anyway, has anyone read the Daily Telegraph rendition of it? Man, was it judging. It had so much innuendo pointed at some kids who were suspended several days earlier.

Of course, I have an axe to grind with the DT, so my perspective is unreliable.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
------------> Light and offbeat news.

No offence intended to any and all affected by this however this does not constitute 'weighty' news or current affairs, let alone politics.

Generator

HSC
N/A
addymac said:
------------> Light and offbeat news.

No offence intended to any and all affected by this however this does not constitute 'weighty' news or current affairs, let alone politics.
There's no need to be on that high horse. This may not be a pressing political issue of international significance, but it is far from being insignificant, especially when you consider the fact that this is a HSC help forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)