Kensington Colleges and UNSW Village (1 Viewer)

kida1

HSC
I'm transferring to UNSW next semester, and wondering about on campus living options ...

Does anyone have any feedback on the new Kensington College development, i.e. what the new buildings are like to live in, or if the colleges in general have a good atmosphere? I'd also be interested to hear about any key differences between Basser, Goldstein, Baxter and Fig Tree Hall, in terms of atmosphere/life-style.

Considering UNSW Village, I'm wondering how social it would be, for example are there 'events' and stuff for the village, or would you mainly just see the people in your apartment?

To add a little context, I'm a 21 year old girl in second year engineering, transferring from UTAS. I'm looking for somewhere that's fun and social, to meet new people, but where I can also have my own space every now and then . .

Any advice appreciated!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
All I know is that the UNSW Village buildings look moderately new and that New College is ironically the oldest of the apartments.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm transferring to UNSW next semester, and wondering about on campus living options ...

Does anyone have any feedback on the new Kensington College development, i.e. what the new buildings are like to live in, or if the colleges in general have a good atmosphere? I'd also be interested to hear about any key differences between Basser, Goldstein, Baxter and Fig Tree Hall, in terms of atmosphere/life-style.

Considering UNSW Village, I'm wondering how social it would be, for example are there 'events' and stuff for the village, or would you mainly just see the people in your apartment?

To add a little context, I'm a 21 year old girl in second year engineering, transferring from UTAS. I'm looking for somewhere that's fun and social, to meet new people, but where I can also have my own space every now and then . .

Any advice appreciated!
Fig Tree is marketed towards international + exchange students so as you can imagine, the atmosphere is pretty different from the other three. More like nice/homely? The actual colleges have a party lifestyle all throughout semester - they can be pretty noisy late into the night. I think the village does have events as well but no experience there LOL. College rooms are nice, and they vacuum/clean your bathroom every fortnight - get an ensuite if you can afford it though. You also get catered so there are set meal times.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Walked through Fig Tree today, a friend is in high places there, THEY HAVE A FREE PIANO IN THE STUDY ROOM

!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)