Kfc must read 4 ur health (1 Viewer)

g4geexa

HSC
the way we made Wicked Wings and Gravy & Potato and gravy were like this...

(just before we started, with the Chicken, we were spose to put it in a bucket of water to clean it before cooking and breading it in flour. Because of how busy it got, i cleaned the chicken like... once out of about 20 times i had cooked the Chicken, or anything else. The managers always said, as well as the other "experienced cooks", if were busy, fuck persistence).

(PROPER WAY OF MAKING THESE THINGS)

Wicked Wings: Place the wings in "clean" bucket of water, which would clean it from all the gooey crap and blood. Then would throw it into the breading basket, in which we would bread the chicken, then throw them into this little basket which we would shake.... to give it that crumby effect. Then throw it back into the water, then back into breading table thing, and repeat with the shaking. The we would load the wings up into a cage, which was then placed into a 'Hell Pot', as i liked to call them, (oil pots), and was cooked at 100+ degrees.

Wait 8 minutes... for the timer... then take em out, load onto tray, ready for you to eat. ( I wrote this is the most clean way i could think of, the way its spose to be 24/7)

Gravy: Gravy is basically the chicken fat and oil that drips from the Chicken into this big tub. Its very grose... the managers even call it 'poison'. It just.... wrong.
Then we would add some powder stuff to it, some sort of stock.... and mix it in hot water
which would then set as gravy... :S

Potato: Its just water and powder. The potato is a powder substance which expands when it reacts to hot water. Thats basically it...

So yeh... the ONLY THINGS I SAY THAT ARE OK TO EAT. well nothing is there. but I WOULD EAT ARE:

Hot Chips (KFC seriously has great chips & Oporto), Popcorn Chicken, Nuggets, Hashbrowns, and yeh... thats it :D

Enjoy... Yeh, i heard about the Hurstville KFC... LMAO IM not suprised as well... i guarentee, every KFC has loads of FAT and crap which hasnt been cleaned in months. It was the same were i was. Its grose.. LONG LIVE OPORTO AND SUBWAY (cookies)
Thank you for explaining how the chicken is made..

..now I know why I got a free gravy at KFC a while back..
the guy was like, "I've chucked in a gravy free of charge" he didn't even smile.. Probably felt as disgusted as you!

Erghh I feel like buying some drumsticks and a SHITLOAD of gravy and just chucking it at the indian manager. what's the worse he can do??

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC

the guy was like, "I've chucked in a gravy free of charge" he didn't even smile.. Probably felt as disgusted as you!

Erghh I feel like buying some drumsticks and a SHITLOAD of gravy and just chucking it at the indian manager. what's the worse he can do??
why do you keep calling him an indian manager?

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Meh, I have friends that work at both KFC and Maccas. They eat at their own restaurants, so the can't be too bad..

At KFC, every employee wears gloves..and in you can see them... and it looks sqeaky clean..

At our Macca's, they've moved the machines that used to block the kitchen and you can actually see your food being made.

I don't have a problem with either of them.

sifsosakenscrub

On top of your mom Reputation: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
HSC
N/A
ive worked at kfc as a cook also, honestly speaking the way chicken is cooked isnt too bad, i mean, how else are u meant to make fried chicken?

but, if ur terribly fussed about hygiene, pop corn chicken, nuggets and chips come directly from steggles or something, pre-packed by machinery so those are fine

just stay away from toasted twisters, burgers with bacon/tomatoes/pineapple and the gravy

theitguy

HSC
ive worked at kfc as a cook also, honestly speaking the way chicken is cooked isnt too bad, i mean, how else are u meant to make fried chicken?

but, if ur terribly fussed about hygiene, pop corn chicken, nuggets and chips come directly from steggles or something, pre-packed by machinery so those are fine

just stay away from toasted twisters, burgers with bacon/tomatoes/pineapple and the gravy
Eh? What's wrong with the pineapple? It's just like the tinned stuff you would buy at the supermarket. Our store I think uses Goulburn Valley is it? It's definitely a brand name. And toasted twisters, what's wrong with those? Just twisters that are toasted. It's just diced tomato. I'm confused.

Bacons a little filthy, I don't eat it. Still good to eat though. Someone else said that they've seen people cook in in a few seconds using the oil when it was supposed to cook for a couple of minutes. That's actually because it takes 2 minutes when you cook it in the microwave (which is what you are supposed to do). It takes much less time in the oil (a couple of seconds) and a fair few employees vouch that it tastes better. Still against procedure though.

What's more fun is breading up some cheese, deep frying it and putting it with a nugget on a dinner roll, with some sweet chilli sauce. Or breading up anything and cooking it really. I once tried to bread and cook the buns, and the lettuce. Turned out disgusting. We've cooked spring rolls and had them as well :D

curry-desi-

HSC
i work @ kfc for.. 2 months HATED IT. only got 3 hrz a week @5.50. && it took me 15 mins to get there. only wat to get there was to b driven by my rents :(

slip00knot

HSC
i worked at kfc and maccas. maccas wins in cleanliness but i liked kfc better because my maccas all the managers are absoloute bastards. yer tho everything he siad was right. its disgusting

muscleman09

HSC

he could say... '' Thank you! Come again!"

thats pretty scary... coming back to the place for more chicken!

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I worked there too.

I was a cook, told it it was better than working out the front..

Lie.

Cleaning all the cookers, the breading table, the deep fryer cleaning thing, shelves, FLOORS, not to mention cooking chicken at the same time.

I specifically made sure with the manager that I couldnt work the night shifts due to the travel to and from work.. and the second shift I was given was close (6 to 11.30)

Best thing I did was leave.

But there was no real food issues, sure its crap for you and stuff but not food poisoning bad..

Perhaps high cholesterol and possible heart problems in later life?

sach1990

HSC
hey i got a job with kfc inside the mall. so is it a good, bad, or the same thing as working outside the mall ?

well i think it's good that its inside the mall cos you get to finish early and also is kind of safe in someway. you kno what i mean?

havent started working yet but i cant wait to! oh and i was told i will be getting $12.80 or something for an hour.

Big Cheese

HSC
Cleaning all the cookers, the breading table, the deep fryer cleaning thing

Haha yea its not too flash ey

Although only problems i encounted from working there was slipping over while cleaning the breading table (from the oil i spilt from cleaning the cooker) and getting an staph infection..... haha

Other downsides are having to clean uniform constantly to get rid of the raw chicken stench and the front pricks hogging the sprayer when doing dishes

How long did you work at the joint for?

Raix

HSC
Wouldn't it depend on who owns the place and the employees?
I work at Pizza Hut and maybe it's cause the customers can see the kitchen and the guys making the pizzas but it's generally clean.

Eh, I've eaten at less hygienic places. I'll live.

hmbraye

HSC
i was just about to go get kfc for dinner!!!

now mum is cooking a safe and hygienic meal...

THANKYOU!!

p.s. i used to work at maccas and the cooks used to drop the meat patties on the floor and IN THE BIN and just pick it up and use it....

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Wow, I bought a large hot chips from there last thursday. Thanks for that, I've heard rumors before but now I've confirmed.

Never buying from there again.

Kiim2507

HSC
The chips, popcorn chicken, nuggets and hasbrowns are fine. They're all pre packaged, put straight into the fryer from the packet then straight into the henny/chip thing.

OR chicken, fillets and strips aren't that bad anyway. They delivered by ingham/some reputable chicken company, and when cooked it'd kill all the germs anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)