• Kill Bill vol 2

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
Kill Bill vol 2 reaction thread

well it's hard to say...
i haven't had the initial "WOAH HOLY CRAP" feeling of vol1 but i think that in a coupla weeks vol2 will be my favourite of the two.
there was a great deal more dialogue and a shitload more tension.

Any scenes with Budd were just awesome
The fight with Elle was great
Uma acted her gorgeous heart out, really fucking awesome performance

i think i'll wait until more of you have seen it before i talk about it more....wouldnt want to spoil anything

anyway feel free to participate in the poll, its just to satisfy my curiosity, and post your individual thoughts as well, im interested

v sia

HSC
Kill Bill Volume 2 SUX !!!!!

reason :

- so much boring parts
- too much talking
- too much bs eg. when she climbed out of the grave
- Bad fighting scenes
- bad background music

i reckon number volume 1 was much better

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
It just seems to be that you cannot appreciate good cinema. Volume 2 is a great movie - it slows down after the action of the first one to let the story effectively unfold without losing the growing tension as it builds towards the final encounter. You have to remember, this was intended as one film, so Volume 2 is the 2nd half of a movie rather than a stand alone. In my opinion, as a stand alone film it was perfect, but it seems you didnt feel that way so I'll put that aside.

Volume 2 focuses more on dialogue, Tarintino's strong point. The lines are witty and there are a lot more funnier moments in this, with a lot of classic one-liners. The purpose of Volume 2 is to compliment the action and established storyline of Volume 1 - it reveals a lot of back story and reveals a lot of character - both the strength and weaknesses of The Bride and Bill - David Carradine is outstanding as Bill, Uma excels, and their final chapter together is brilliant.

The "too much talking" you're complaining about is crucial to the story - sure in contrast to the action of Vol. 1 its a major slowdown at points - but it is needed for telling the story. I think the dialogue was handled brilliantly - the most "slow" scene I can think of is the campfire, and I thought that was great in revealing Bill and The Bride's relationship.

The wedding rehearsal chapter with Bill arriving at the chapel was so perfect - so well acted - it was almost heart- wreching knowing what was around the corner for The Bride. Tarintino handled that perfectly.

I don't want to go too much into the grave scene for the sake of those who havent seen it... but I thought that was really well directed.

I thought the background music was brilliant. Tarintino takes just as much care with this aspect as he did with Volume 1. I didnt see any faults with this.

The fight scene between Elle and The Bride was very nice, with a great ending. The training scene with Pai Mei was also a highlight of the film- Vol. 2 was much more in the style of Chinese kung- fu films as opposed to Japanese Sumarai films of the first volume, and I thought this scene was perfect. Another highlight was the hotel scene with the assassin when she found out she was pregnant... great dialogue there!

But the best part, by far is the final chapter. It was brilliant. Everything became clear and the story revealed a startling human aspect: There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murderous bastard.

I cannot get over this film, everything about it was perfect. The boring bits you talk of were crucial and well-directed. It seems to me that you just suffer ADD and that you were let down because there wasnt as much violence and great fight scenes as the first one - you bloodthirsty person you.

All in all, while the action did slow down it was important to reveal the story behind the action - it was the perfect ending to an epic tale- I thought it was handled exceptionally.

5 STARS!!

Last edited:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
the music was excellent.
dialogue was pure tarantino.
as far as "too much bs" goes, you might have noticed that tarantino films aren't exactly the height of realism. and the cinematography in that particular scene was excellent.

...and bad fight scenes? i've got no idea what you're talking about.

ND

HSC
You can't compare the two; it was supposed to be one movie. The second finishes perfectly what the first started.

juggernaut

HSC
ofcourse you can compare them..

i thought number 2 was better, although a little slow at times..

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
one of the greats?!?!

i'll have to see it then....
see if it compares to FIGHT CLUB!!!

ND

HSC
Well you course you can compare them, you can compare apples and oranges too, but you're not supposed to. It's like asking which is better, the 1st half of pulp fiction or the 2nd?

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
i am posting in this thread seeing as it is beating mine, interms of the number of replies

to the person who asked "is there gonna be a vol 3" i think there are many people who would pimp-crack you in the face if they were given the chance

i don't believe it's 5 star material, in fact non of tarantino's films have been 5 star films the first time around for, but it does stick its head out among from the usual stuff we get at the cinema, especially here in wollongong

id say for any kid going to the movies this weekend, they should check it out as opposed to watching the fucking cat in the hat or scooby doo 2 or starsky and hutch (vol 2 was much funnier than starsky)

kudos to this thread starter for grabbing my attention, even though you spelt sucks wrong (geez why can people ever get 'sucks' right?)

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
also if nate burkus so much as thinks of posting his 'predictions' about this film in this thread...i 'predict' hunting down him ass and pulverizing it

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
It's not a series.. its one movie divided into two volumes.. where have u heard about a third volume?!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Trigger189
It seems to me that you just suffer ADD and that you were let down because there wasnt as much violence and great fight scenes as the first one - you bloodthirsty person you.

okay i agreed with your comments until this point where i lost respect for you, geeze dude i think we have enough people on this board who are all "oh look at me i'm the best judge of films and YOU HAVE ADD!" seriously dude, unecessary.

i think its important to know that volume 1 is so very different to volume 2, they both have differnet aims. volume 1 was so suspenseful, jam-packed with action and fight scenes and excellent cinematography.. whereas vol 2 was an explanation, a dialogue which explained vol 1. and yeah, the whole japanese samurai vs. chinese kung fu themes were very powerful.

i think tarentino's greatest strength, apart from dialogue, is his casting (well obviously that would also be his casting agent), but yeah by far this was a great film with excellent acting and dialogue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)