• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Kill Bill vol 2 (1 Viewer)

which vol do you prefer?

• Kill Bill vol 1

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Kill Bill vol 2

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I don't think Tarantino was exactly aiming for realism with these movies. So yeah, the entire thing is "bs" if you think about it.
come on, i don't think it was unreasonable to expect the same level of realism experience when one woman kills 100 men in ten minutes. climbing out of a grave was just taking it too far

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
i saw volume 1 the other nite and it was sooo tech!!!! i loved it. even tho it is fully violent from start to finish, i was completly Nonchalant to this, and was able to see the excellence of the film. it is a beautiful film, 4eg: the black n white fight, the blue shillouette fight and the japanese garden in the snow fighting. Absolutely brilliant, to make a film of such awful violence beautiful!!! Tarentino is a pro!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Originally posted by Trigger189
It's not a series.. its one movie divided into two volumes.. where have u heard about a third volume?!
oh ok thats all i wanted to know...... i wasn't sure if it was split into 2 or 3

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by BreaKing
oh ok thats all i wanted to know...... i wasn't sure if it was split into 2 or 3
since the thing is called kill bill, and bill has been killed, where the hell else would it go?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lundy
since the thing is called kill bill, and bill has been killed, where the hell else would it go?
thanks for ruining the ending!!

davin

HSC
N/A
tarantino has discussed having a third way down the line though. like 15 years because he needs the actors to age.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I agree with trigger, this is a better film than Vol. 1. Giving credit where credit is due, Vol. 1 is probably one of if not the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Vol. 2 probably is probably the most emotionally charged Tarantino film there is. The ending was absolutely perfect, Carradine was exceptional as Bill, and Thurman gave her best performance since Gattaca. The only minor qualm I had with this film was the whole Budd episode, which I must admit I found a tad boring, rest was wonderful though. I must say though.. if the 2 films were to be watched in direct succession as they were meant to, it'd be even better. Consider the symmetry in the 2 movies.. at least the start and the end.. just great. 2nd best Tarantino there is after Pulp Fiction.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
v sia. It seems that a film with a better screenplay, and less action doesnt take to your fancy. What does that demonstrate? Your lack of class.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i watched it today...

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

so was bill her 'father' or her mentor figure or what?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
ok i was just confused cos she called him daddy...
because she didn't want her fiance to know who he really was.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
it is a beautiful film, 4eg: the black n white fight, the blue shillouette fight and the japanese garden in the snow fighting. Absolutely brilliant, to make a film of such awful violence beautiful!!! Tarentino is a pro!
that whole black and white sequence during the fight is only there due to censorship pressure, not for artistic effect. i heard that the japanese release has it in colour like the rest of the sequence

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
v sia. It seems that a film with a better screenplay, and less action doesnt take to your fancy. What does that demonstrate? Your lack of class.
that was a classy post

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah, pure class.

btw Nate Berkus, if you start another thread entitled "-random long words- about tonight's ep of Gilmore Girls" im gonna stab you in the eye with a spoon. keep it to one thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)