killing viruses (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a virus prob. Basically I had one sent to me from someone on my msn. I've installed AntiVir but the thing is when it detects this particular virus I press "delete" on the popup screen, and then it comes back "file can't be found". It's done this a few times (it's asked me to delete this particular file around 3 times and each time it fails to complete the deletion). I also have problems with popups from a site which i think is related to the virus (it's http://rond.starsdoor.com). My popup blocker is set to "high" and I have it set so that no sites can be excluded from this.....but the site seems to be overriding my settings.
Some help would be awesome

fatmuscle

HSC
run the trendmicro online scanner first
then get AVG or something.
make sure your signatures are up to date!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
never get Norton, its basically spyware on its own. Theres enough freeware or cheapware out there that you should never have to use those expensive commerical programs that dont work as well anyway.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I myself use AVG, and it works well enough (i've had a few viruses on the family computer that it picked up), but i've heard really good things about Kaspersky (check out http://www.techdo.com/?p=62). However, beyond a 30 day trial, it's not free, whereas AVG is :p

Justin

HSC
get Spybot Search & Destroy and/or adaware. It sounds like a spyware problem.

ricometa

HSC
hey well trust me get a program called HOD32 its the best freeware anitivirus out there

does email
ie
scans
deep scans

everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)