King Kong (1 Viewer)

[trent]

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i hated at the end how they did that repeated thing where it was all slow-motion, with gentle music and stuff (eg: on the ice lake, at the top of the empire state building etc) and then the army would come in and attack them. I mean, sure, do once or twice. But do it repeatedly just makes it damn annoying and predictable.
yeh, that pissed me off too. I thought the music in general was pretty bad - I read somewhere Peter Jackson fired the guy who did the music for Lord of the Rings about a month ago and got someone else to try and write 3 hours worth of music in 2 weeks. I think that's why it was so repetitive...

I thought the movie was waaay to long, and i hated all the close ups of Kong to Ann to Kong and back to Ann...All the digital creatures on Skull island got a bit repetitive too and lost their shock value after a while.

Though i did like the Venutre sequence and the natives and the T-Rex fight. But ultimetely no where near the quality of Lord of the Rings...

Dhruv

HSC
They were in our designated seats, some people seldom follow the seat numbers on their tickets and choose to sit whereever they please.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Dhruv said:
They were in our designated seats, some people seldom follow the seat numbers on their tickets and choose to sit whereever they please.
seat numbers on tickets?

wtf never heard of that.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
damn i really wanna see it. everyone on this forum says it crap but everyone outside it says it good so i dunno what to believe ><*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol i watched it friday night, it started at 8:40 and finished around midnight! 3 hrs is a bit too long, they could have cut out some of the start, but i thought the story was pretty good.

I thought the movie was gonna end after they get back to the city but there's like a whole section at the end lol.

Too bad there weren't any sex scenes at all and there was very little romance in the story. The action was decent and the some of the creatures on the island were disgusting and made me shiver a bit lol.

The movie is worth watching in my opinion, so go see it yourself if you haven't. ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
watched it today, the 1st one hour is so boring and then the rest of the movie just drags on. in general i didnt like it, waste of $11.50 IMO.

iron yuppie

HSC
Way, way, way too long.

Peter Jackson may be crapping on about alll the schmaltzy arty motivations ("blah blah blah this is what made me want to make movies blah blah blah") but for the love og all things sugary, ya don't have to push your beliefs onto such an innocent film. Just by cutting down establishment and reaction shots couldv'e possible shaved an hour off this thing. The first act could've possibly been cut to 5 minutes of exposition. That would have been alot better than the dullness of act one.

Length notwithstanding, the film isn't too shabby. The story (although covered) is still a goodie. The action scenes aren't surprising but still decent nonetheless, although scenes involving kong holding ann do look obviously fake (almost 'plan nine from outer space' like), ruining the immersion factor. Kong does look realistic for a CG monkey though.

A good film, if TOO DAMN LONG.

3.5 star

icecreamdisco

HSC
1st hour boring, 2nd hour unbelievable kickass and awesome ('specially the bit in the cave where they get attacked by giant spiders and penises), 3rd hour good but pales in comparison to 2nd.

suprised by the amount of underwhelmed reactions in this thread. i didn't love it, but i expected everyone else would.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i think jackson made the film as a triute to the art of cinema. However, cinematic art just isnt as successful in capturing an audience as a good (non-predictable) storyline. It also much harder to concentrate on for 3hrs and 10minutes.

It looks likes it's gunna be a flop in the US (and as a result i'd expect a flop here. Not good news for the 6th most expensive film ever made)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
i think jackson made the film as a triute to the art of cinema. However, cinematic art just isnt as successful in capturing an audience as a good (non-predictable) storyline. It also much harder to concentrate on for 3hrs and 10minutes.

It looks likes it's gunna be a flop in the US (and as a result i'd expect a flop here. Not good news for the 6th most expensive film ever made)
actual it's getting a lot of praise from most people. but a lot of people i know didnt like it ..

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
What was so boring about the first part? It was a great build up. I didn't like the overuse of CGI dinosaurs and the repetetive boring music, also Kong took too long to die and just because every single hollywood movie has a car chase doesn't mean this needed one. Also did anyone notice how the tribal people looked so much like the orcs in LOTR?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i saw it the other night and i didnt like it... i found it too long, that i needed to take a nap in the middle. the highlight of the movie was the trex vs kong scene. i loved that part

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
im an idiot said:
What was so boring about the first part? It was a great build up. I didn't like the overuse of CGI dinosaurs and the repetetive boring music, also Kong took too long to die and just because every single hollywood movie has a car chase doesn't mean this needed one. Also did anyone notice how the tribal people looked so much like the orcs in LOTR?
it took to long and i dont reckon it was neccesary for like a background of the characters and how they got to the island to that extent. yeah they should have just shot kong instead of flying around him that many times. but i did love the visuals esp when kong fights the dinosaurs, they were awesome.

Orange Juice said:
i saw it the other night and i didnt like it... i found it too long, that i needed to take a nap in the middle. the highlight of the movie was the trex vs kong scene. i loved that part
lol my cousin actually fell asleep during the movie

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Saw it on Friday night and thought it was excellent. Agree with icecream pretty much about everything, except I probably enjoyed it a bit more. In a year packed with top quality blockbusters, this has been the best yet.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
sabdow said:
I had to compensate for some things because I think Naomi Watts is an absolute angel though I guess I will give the movie a UAI of about 99.35 and an HSC mark of about 95/100 (scaled up because Peter Jackson made Lord of the Rings)
hahaha!

I havent seen it yet, I wasn't going to. It doesnt realy appeal to me at all but the people I got invited out with I havent seen in like a 2 years almost, so I'm going. I'm expecting great SFX especially cos I saw the making of... Im obsessed with making ofs.. and it was pretty much all green screened so im interested to see how it all looks. But Im not reallyinterested in the movieitself.. Im not expecting it to be great or anything so yah, shud be good.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
im an idiot said:
Also did anyone notice how the tribal people looked so much like the orcs in LOTR?
When i think about it, they do a little bit. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)