King Kong (1 Viewer)

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
i got dragged into watching king kong as well.. 9:30 session.. maaan what a long ass movie..! i had micro sleeps.. it was done well.. but it just went on forever.. some parts were funny.. the bugs scene was ewwwwwwwww..

Some_Guy

HSC
wow alot of girls dont like this movie. i was sceptical about it at first but i enjoyed it from start to finish.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It is weird that girls on BOS haven't enjoyed King Kong. My female friends have all tended to enjoy it a lot more than my male friends.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah the bug scene was a bit too disgusting, but overall i would give it 7/10.

BeastieBoy

HSC
the pacing could of done with work, but this is a masterpiece of film making. if you hated it you may have a mild case of mental retardation.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
BeastieBoy said:
the pacing could of done with work, but this is a masterpiece of film making. if you hated it you may have a mild case of mental retardation.
People differ in opinion; live with it.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
i left the movie after 2 or 2.5 hrs .. i was sO damn hungry.. i thought it goes for 2hrs.. boy was i wrong.. ! what a waste of time.. damn bf chose the movie.. haha.. should have watched saw2 but noOo he didnt listen to me

SharkBait

HSC
this movie is suppose to be and was, so dependent on SFX.....which i thought were excellent, but wot really drew me was the love story. i mean, it was practically a love story between ann darrow and kong. throughout the movie, i just connected wit naomi's character so deeply....when the venture crew first captured the kong and all ann cud do was watch him go down like a captive...and tears welled up her eyes....it was soooooo devastating. i think if i were in her position, i proly wud've stayed wit the kong forever.
but then again, jack (adrien brody) was sooo incredibly broodingly hot...this movie rekindled my love for adrien after 'the pianist'.
great cam shots....beautiful scenes...good acting....but most importantly, it really connected wit my emotions, even if it came from a "beast".

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Going to see King Kong this afternoon. I have high expectations being a Peter Jackson film and its high rating from film critic reviews expecting the SPX to be excellent although not so sure about the story line. Will edit post when I arrive back...

EDIT: Also have to agree a lot of scenes similar to Lord of the Rings. The SPX were amazing and the Kong fighting scenes were action packed. Excellent acting, scenes and emotions from the 'beast', a great film to watch can't wait for its DVD release which I’m sure will included an extended edition.

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh great movie. best movie i seen of the year.

some of the scenes reminded me of lord of the rings. Especially the parts where everything is silent and u can only hear some sounds while this eerie music is playign in the background.

spiny norman

HSC
I quite liked it and don't get all the hate. Three hours isn't *that* long a movie - if you find it so I recommend you go get yourself an attention span. Did people complain about Lawrence of Arabia and Gone with the Wind's length?

I was disappointed, though, in that the only previous films of Naomi Watts that I've seen are Mulholland Dr. and 21 Grams, thus this was the first of her movies that I've seen wherein I didn't see her tits.

I especially liked the dinosaur stampede, Kong vs. the three T-Rexes and the final thirty minutes. Several people walked out of the cinema, which baffled me (along with all the hate from people here).

Still, I do prefer the '33 version (though I appreciated the many references to it throughout this), but it was a pretty entertaining movie.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I thought King Kong was quite a good movie. I thought Peter Jackson did a great job and honestly.. I didn't find it that long at all. Apart from the dinasour scene.. meh.. but hey that was only one tiny part of it. Several people walked out in my session too- which was odd. I really didn't think it was bad at all. I enjoyed it. .
and that bug scene was kinda freakish.. but well done.
Giant Tape worms.. Eww.
anyhow.
Jamie Bell hehehe, he was cute, seeing Billy Elliott all grown up :p as Jimmeh. ^.^ :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why is everyone so freaked out about the bug thing. watch starship troopers or some other movie with bug like aliens, much more bugs

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well it is Skull Island, Peter Jackson wanted viewers to see shocked\scared seeing these weird and scary creatures in an untouched island...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
why is everyone so freaked out about the bug thing. watch starship troopers or some other movie with bug like aliens, much more bugs
it's just disgusting.` >_>

ediisjoz

HSC
King kong sucked. i want my money back. gay, gay, gay, gay. wtf freaky weird natives... with blue eyes :( i was scared of those.. especially the old one who looked like a sausage that was grilled then put int he fridge overnight, only to be found very wrinkly in the morning. four thumbs down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)