N/A
Just got back.

It was excellent :)
Smootching and ass-grabbing, I enjoyed it :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
It was interesting.
There was only one kiss between Edmund/Goneril.
And Regan threw herself onto Edmund (sort of).

He was grabbing her butt :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
is that the only thing u took notice of??:rolleyes:
Yes :D
And Cordelia was semi-nude at one stage, (acting as Oswald) durnig the fight scene. It was good :D

Her white top (almost) showed some breast.
Hahaha

No, I paid attention to the whole play.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Lol, Huy!

Keep the feedback, it's quite interesting to see what you guys thought. I found it very useful for "other interpretations" (they ran it last year)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, sure...:p
LOL okay, I lied.
but the production itself was really good, i enjoyed it thoroughly.

Gloucester was the FUNNIEST! :D
oh, and edmund came to our school before for a King Lear thing, and he played edmund (of course) -- that's the same guy from that johnny walker ad...

You know the one where the groom is dancing with his mother-in-law and makes an "ass-grabbing" attempt on the video? the whole family were watching the video on the couch and he gets busted making those tongue-jokes lol... that was him LOL

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol

i saw the production at the genesian theatre ages ago... it wasn't that great :p clown makeup and oriental costumes O___o;;

edmund was full getting it on with regan & goneril... at one stage regan was straddling edmund, and in this other scene edmund was feeling up goneril -___-;; and then he nearly kissed albany!! LOL it was so funny, my teacher had his head in his hands XD

niks88

our class went and saw it last thursday, i thought the minimalistic approach was interesting, forced u to concentrate on the characters and textual integrity rather than the actors themselves, and the doubling up of characters, also interesting, i think it engages the audience more coz u gotta keep up with whats going on and some of the doublings were very conflicting, like evil characters also playing good ones. multimedia was different, i liked the storm representation and the projection of the letter that reveals edmunds true intentions. altogether it was pretty good, except the chairs were really uncomfy, and we had a 10hr train ride home the next morning...

s2ophie

HSC
I saw it last night and i am exhausted after all the travelling there (7hr bus trip each way!) The chairs were VERY uncomfy but otherwise the production was OK. I wouldn't rave about it but yeah it was OK. I'll write more when i think about it more.

btw Edmund was pretty hot. In question time, my friend joked she was going to ask, can i take you home?

fringey

HSC
How big did all the girls bums look in those white pants. So glad I don't have to wear them.

I thought it was good. Loved the fly bit and thought the subplot was hell funny and better than the 'lear' chunk.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I thought it was quite alright.... edmund was a highlight lol.... I enjoyed it!!! So who else went on Wednesday night???

malayz_angel

I went on Thursday nite..lol it was so funny because I got a lift with my friend and we had no idea where the theatre was. So we saw this building with people and lights and got dropped off there. We're peering thru the windows and it was the gym! Then my friend starts running around and freaking out cos we're just two alone teenage girls....we finally found it and at the door was this guy dressed in white who let us sneak in...we later realised it was King Lear! On the way out we got lost again and then we smelt cannabis and ran all the way back to the gym LOL...it was entertaining alright

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Then my friend starts running around and freaking out cos we're just two alone teenage girls....we finally found it and at the door was this guy dressed in white who let us sneak in...we later realised it was King Lear! On the way out we got lost again and then we smelt cannabis and ran all the way back to the gym LOL...it was entertaining alright
we got there late as well... we missed the first scene "the love test"...i don't think i ever ran as hard as i did on that day so that i could get to the show on time.:D

anyway we got there, and this lady sneaked us in and it turned out she was the director!!!...it was a very good.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is this the one with lots of technology or something

s2ophie

HSC
we got there on time but our bus driver got lost on the way home. We drove past the SCG twice!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
is this the one with lots of technology or something
yep the one with the projector...and the actors wearing white pyjamas :D

Originally posted by s2ophie
we got there on time but our bus driver got lost on the way home. We drove past the SCG twice!
yep...ur night was worse than mine....;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by s2ophie
btw Edmund was pretty hot. In question time, my friend joked she was going to ask, can i take you home?
During the Q&A session, one of the girls in the audience asked "Is Edmund single?" :rolleyes:

To which Kent (the actress) replied "No, he's gay" LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)