Kings Cross Police shooting (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with shooting for reasons mentioned
Shooting at tyre means not only risk of hitting woman (dunno how she was positioned) but also increases risk of ricochet from bullet hitting the ground or car causing injury to others
better to shoot the perp scum than risk other bystanders, victims or officers (i guess) getting injured.

beating was not justifiable in anyway though imo

RishBonjour

HSC
I didn't read the above posts, but yes, they were right in what they did.

little 14 year old thugs...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I called it earlier.

THE teenage boy in a coma after being shot by officers in Kings Cross has been in trouble with police since he was eight.

The Mt Druitt 14-year-old, who was yesterday clinging to life with multiple gunshot wounds, has a criminal history which includes multiple car thefts.

Police said the boy, who cannot be named, was behind the wheel of a stolen Honda sedan which mounted a footpath in Sydney's notorious nightclub strip early on Saturday, pinning a 29-year-old woman under the car.

Officers then opened fire, hitting the young driver in the chest and arm, and hitting a 17-year-old male passenger in the neck. Insiders yesterday said the 14-year-old had been dealt with under the Young Offenders Act on numerous occasions.

"He's been in trouble since he was eight," a police source said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...criminal-history/story-fn7y9brv-1226336570335

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Cops were justified in shooting, especially since there was potential for massive carnage.

Bashing a teenager who had just been shot on the side of the road on the other hand, is another issue.

boris

Banned
HSC
it was pretty dumb
he could have easily caused more pain with a wrist lock or chokehold etc and it would have looked appropriate
id suspend the cop for a few weeks with pay so it seemed like a punishment

mirakon

nigga
HSC
"We need to get these two boys better. Senior police are doing their investigation and we need to let that happen," Mr Mundine said.

"We need to do this the right way, for the sake of those two boys."

why wouldn't you at least mention the woman pinned under the car? surely this is basic etiquette?

boris

Banned
HSC
she was released from hospital the day after or something
injuries were not that serious (due to police shooting cunts)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I still don't understand their justification for not shooting at the tyres

boris

Banned
HSC
why

what part of "police dont shoot at tyres" dont you understand

boris

Banned
HSC
newsflash
cars can drive without tyres

hey look these guys are driving on top of someone, we better shoot right next to her and hope we hit the tyres (and not her) and deflate them, so they can keep driving on her on their rims

Starfriend

emancipation
HSC
I still don't understand their justification for not shooting at the tyres
Shooting the tyres won't stop someone from still pressing down on the accelerator and attempting to drive off on the rims.

boris

Banned
HSC
ABOUT 150 people, some of them teenagers, have yelled abuse at police outside NSW parliament in protest at the shooting of two youths at Kings Cross.

Aboriginal elders urged calm, as a crowd of about 150 people began chanting "F*** the police” at the protest.

The crowd, many of them children, held the protest outside NSW Parliament this afternoon, and accused police of "trying to kill black kids".

Some of the teenagers were seen drinking alcohol, and the crowd has blocked off one lane of Macquarie Street.

Police shot at a car driven by juveniles at 4am on Saturday, after they mounted a kerb in Kings Cross and ran down a pedestrian.

The driver of the car was allegedly Troy Taylor, 17, and video footage released after the incident shows he was punched by NSW Police after being pulled out of the stolen car.

Troy is currently in a coma.

His friends Tore and Jordan were at the protest.

"One of our boys got shot by police, bashed, assaulted, and dragged across the ground for nothing. He surrendered to police and he still got attacked," Tore said.

"It makes me cry, it makes me disgusted ... if we lost one of the boys it would have started trouble with police."

Greens MP David Shoebridge told protestors that violent language wasn't going to get results, and urged the NSW government to hold an independent investigation into the matter.

Anthony Mundine was at the protest.
Meanwhile, it was revealed the teenage Aboriginal boy in a coma after being shot by officers has been in trouble with police since he was eight.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/you...ry/story-e6frfkvr-1226336629317#ixzz1sw7gzpVq

boris

Banned
HSC
she doesnt even comprehend the concept of personal responsibility

this is our fault tbh look at the culture of entitlement that has been created for them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)