Know anyone, or going it alone? (1 Viewer)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I am.
Most of my friends are going to UNSW. I only know one other guy going to USyd - my flatmate.

Don't worry, O-week's all about meeting new people and forging new friendships. After the broken bones of the HSC, it's all important to heal before you start uni.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I knew absolutely no one and I'm fine. Maybe.

LostAuzzie

HSC
I know 5 ppl going to USyd, 1 is deferring and the others are in different areas and dont share any classes with me, so yes im a little freaked out, although the majority of students are in the same situation so it shouldnt be too bad.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
The only person i know you going to USYD is my personal nemisis from High School. At least he's not doing the same degree as me; )

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
Is anyone else out there like me... who knows NO-ONE who is going to USyd and is totally FREAKED OUT about being nigellated?!
omg nigellated- i love that word- haven't heard that for ages.

i know a few going to sydney but all to the other campus- i'm at the cumberland campus..so i won't know anyone and i'm pretty scared.
but i'll deal.
i hope:)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i was the only one going to my current Faculty. just looksy around and note the other lonelies loitering around. work up the courage to sit near them and hope to start a convo, something beginning with a question like 'you doing ......?' that's how i did it.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I know 3 people who are going to be in my faculty. But I don't think they'll be in my class.

tennille

HSC
Don't worry. You'll all make friends in no time. Most people are in the same boat so they know how you feel.

franklin265

HSC
i know a few of my friends going to the main campus but none to cumberland

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I know 7 people who will be in my faculty, and at least 20 in the university. (Probally more)

niteshade1312

HSC
Basically all of my close friendship group from high school is going to USYD, not to mention a lot of other girls from my schools and friends from other schools. I'm more worried about running into people that I know rather than new people... which I am looking greatly forward to. And I have a really good friend in 2/4 of my subjects, so, I'm really looking forward to the new people and people that I have things in common with!

Also a few that are already at USYD..

frootloop

HSC
I know people from my school that will be in my faculty... as in know of them... and I make small talk with them sometimes.

But no. None of my close friends will be with me in my faculty. Or even going to my campus for that matter. :( That means I'm pretty much alone too...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Wolfowitz said:
Anyone from Eco & Bus?

im doing 2 units this year from that faculty so i guess i count :D

anyway yeah i know 2 2nd yearers but they go to cumberland campus, and i sorta indirectly know one 1st yearer in the same faculty but dont know her well.

so yes, i am going to be a loner, but no, im not freaked out.

everyones in the same boat

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Im on the same boat too, most of my friends don't even go to uni and the ones who do goes to UNSW with several going to UTS. One friend actually goes to "USYD" but only at the conservatorium of music, he plays acoustic guitar so pro.

On the other hand, i know a guy from work that would be in the same "faculty" of me and my mum is a phd researcher or something in the wilkinson building :\

bubu

at first i thought i was goin to my degree alone except i jus figured out that my friend has people in my degree that i can hook up with and on enrollment day i found a realli old friend that i totally forgot about doing the advanced part of my degree but this was like 9 years ago so i think i'll be set on orientation day but i think it would be great to meet new people esp. on the cumberland side, all my other friends are on the main campus...

but meh i mean orientation day is jus to meet up with old friends and new ones

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Yeah, I'm a loner too...I know one girl from my school, but i barely talk to her. And I know one other first yearer 'indirectly' doing the same degree, but I don't want to freak him out by randomly coming up to him and saying "hi".

But don't be afraid to say hello to me!! I need friends...lol

HSC
I'll be a pretty big nigel too i guess. Only 2 people i know are going to usyd this year, one of them's a good friend, except different faculty. I have one other friend at unsw, but everyone else is staying in newcastle or going to bathurst and such. I met two people in the enrolment line - do they count as friends? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)