Know anyone, or going it alone? (1 Viewer)

bugs

hey, there's nothing wrong with introverts....
extroverts on the other hand can be a little too LOUD.
anyway, it takes time for some people to get used to new things.
Luckily, i'm gonna have a couple of buddies with me :) - cos i couldnt do it alone - and YES i am an introvert

i found this on a particular website
''By directing their energies inwards they are closer to their Spiritual essence. Introverts can more easily open themselves to inspiration and creativity. They are less distracted by worthless, deleterious "noise".''

I am not trying to offend anyone, i'm just saying there is more to introverts than some sad old loner sitting in a corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
halio said:
hey, there's nothing wrong with introverts....
extroverts on the other hand can be a little too LOUD.
anyway, it takes time for some people to get used to new things.
Luckily, i'm gonna have a couple of buddies with me :) - cos i couldnt do it alone - and YES i am an introvert

i found this on a particular website
''By directing their energies inwards they are closer to their Spiritual essence. Introverts can more easily open themselves to inspiration and creativity. They are less distracted by worthless, deleterious "noise".''

I am not trying to offend anyone, i'm just saying there is more to introverts than some sad old loner sitting in a corner.
I am willing to bet that was written by an introvert.
I could say something like:
''By directing their energies outward they are closer to the Spiritual essence. Extroverts can more easily open themselves to inspiration and creativity. They can feed off other people's energy to become better individuals more in tune spiritually in a holistic manner.''

There are many problems with being introverted :p ... for instance, finding a job.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lala2 said:
Is joining your course's relevant society a good way of mixing around? I'm an introvert, bit scared. Luckily one of my good friends is at USYD, and I think her friends are coming too, but not too sure atm.
absolutely! one of the best ways to mingle - go to the social events.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Actually, the BEST way to mingle is to turn up to the Inner Child Society booth. We love all of you!

[Disclaimer: KeypadSDM does not love anyone.]

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
I know nobody, pero soy chido. I'd rather absorb the scene alone than get stuck with someone annoying.

Shaking Paper

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
Is anyone else out there like me... who knows NO-ONE who is going to USyd and is totally FREAKED OUT about being nigellated?!
[FONT=Verdana,]
[/FONT]

blazer78

HSC
N/A
lol /\, me too!

Every single friend i have is going to unsw, and i'm trapped in usyd. oh well....

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
i know quite a few people from school going to usyd, but of my closer friends, 3 or 4 are heading to usyd and a few others to UNSW.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
With me, it's more a question of "Do I know anyone going to Sydney?" than "Do I know anyone going to Sydney University?". Welcome to life near the queensland border.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about it. When I got into USYD, I only knew 1 other person going there also.. but assuming you aren't ugly, extremely introverted and devoid of basic social skills, you'll make some friends.

blazer78

HSC
N/A
Collin said:
Don't worry about it. assuming you aren't extremely introverted and devoid of basic social skills, you'll make some friends.
looks like i won't be getting any friends. oh well..

lozzie17

HSC
Ha ha Blazer I like how you edited Collins post, to exclude "ugly" lol. Im sure you aren't all those things. Do you know Anyone going there? Everyone is in the same position - im sure we will be fine. Now after that little speech I bet you will make thousands of friends, and I will end up friendless ahah . .so much for optimism.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
going usyd alone... although was accompanied by my bestfriend during first 2 days of o-week but after that.. i'm practically all alone... hopefully meet new pplz and make friends ;):wave:

Shaking Paper

HSC
At O-week It seemed like the only person who was there alone!

Last edited:

lozzie17

HSC
How come you went alone? I wouldn't have wanted to go if I was alone! But keep in mind, O week, we could hang out with our friends from different courses, but during class time a lot of people will also be alone . . . : (

Shaking Paper

HSC
lozzie17 said:
How come you went alone? I wouldn't have wanted to go if I was alone! But keep in mind, O week, we could hang out with our friends from different courses, but during class time a lot of people will also be alone . . . : (
I only know one other person who goes to Sydney Uni, but they're in their second year and wouldnt come with me. I needed to come in to change my timetable and join some clubs and stuff, I need to go in tomorrow as well.

lozzie17

HSC
Shaking Paper said:
I only know one other person who goes to Sydney Uni, but they're in their second year and wouldnt come with me. I needed to come in to change my timetable and join some clubs and stuff, I need to go in tomorrow as well.
Ohk, well not much you can do to avoid that then. What do you need to do there tomorrow? Have you joined many clubs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)