Korean Air (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:
Actually they do permit people from SK to enter NK for a tour, I think. My grandmother went to NK for few days or week or whatever actually.
Surprisingly enough, North Korea have their own national airline, Air Koryo. Their only destination city is Beijing which is operated by Russian aircraft. Would you like to visit NK? I would... then again, I wouldn't.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Surprisingly enough, North Korea have their own national airline, Air Koryo. Their only destination city is Beijing which is operated by Russian aircraft. Would you like to visit NK? I would... then again, I wouldn't.
It would be interesting, yeah. But if you asked me the same question few years ago, I would have cried in the fear that I might get killed in the process.

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:
It would be interesting, yeah. But if you asked me the same question few years ago, I would have cried in the fear that I might get killed in the process.
I don't think that NK and SK will ever reach common ground with their issues. Only time will tell when the next war starts. This time around, perhaps NK will join forces with Russia and God knows what's going to happen.

[Here's another set of images that you may be interested in: http://citynoise.org/article/7002 ]

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
I don't think that NK and SK will ever reach common ground with their issues. Only time will tell when the next war starts. This time around, perhaps NK will join forces with Russia and God knows what's going to happen.

[Here's another set of images that you may be interested in: http://citynoise.org/article/7002 ]
Highly unlikely. NK is a communist state whereas Russia is a democratic state now.

NK is probably more inclined to joining Chinese forces, I reckon.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lyounamu said:
Highly unlikely. NK is a communist state whereas Russia is a democratic state now.

NK is probably more inclined to joining Chinese forces, I reckon.
lol russia is hardly a democratic state

HSC
5233andy said:
The Demilitarised Zone - the zone between South and North Korea. It's supposedly a taunting place. On the other side of the fence, you can see this humongous North Korean flag. It's a very, very hostile area. Foreigners are allowed to tour North Korea and the DMZ - however, restrictions obviously apply and are strictly enforced.
Ive taken the tour to NK with my dad. It's a nice place to visit but there are strict rules. If you ever get the chance, I suggest you go and visit.

5233andy

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
Ive taken the tour to NK with my dad. It's a nice place to visit but there are strict rules. If you ever get the chance, I suggest you go and visit.
How was the experience? What did the stamp in the Passport look like?

HSC
5233andy said:
How was the experience? What did the stamp in the Passport look like?
Went over in year 7 summer holidays and I remember like namu said the scenery was breathtaking..and i suppose its kind of hard to believe because NK is like communist and everything so people dont really think NK would be a nice place to visit but scenery-wise its great..definitely up at the top..i went to gumgangsan mountain..

dmz was also kind of itneresting..no photos though..because it shows the security or something..

Peartie

HSC
5233andy said:

Technically the war is still going on and last time it was China and the North Koreans which I find a much more daunting prospect - in the event of a war of attrition we all know who will win...

I wish I had time to go to the DMZ in Korea when I was there :( but i only spent a few hours in Seoul :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)