• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Korean Air (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
A lot of people consider Japan and South Korea 'sister' countries. Having been to both, I'll be frank and say that Japan is far more interesting than that of Korea.

HSC
5233andy said:
A lot of people consider Japan and South Korea 'sister' countries. Having been to both, I'll be frank and say that Japan is far more interesting than that of Korea.
how do you define sister?

coz if you mean..sister as in they bitch, slap, bitch, loathe, then yes..your using it in the right context..

okay that was a generalisation..but the effects of wwII and the events before werent really what you would call 'sister-hood'

and people dont refer qf cca as 'qfcca'..people usually refer to it as QCCA..and thats a name..
not really what i was saying as qcca embodies the LH crew and not QL..i think you misinterpreted
what i was saying..you dont go around saying "I took a QF/QL/DJ/KE flight today"

ANYWAY..lets just not owrry about that anymore..its the most stupdiest thing to debate over..haha
i suppose i was the one that started :p

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Definitely not from South Korean or Japanese perspective considering what happened duing WWI and WWII when South Korea was occupied and controlled by Japanese people for approximately 50 years.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nah, but all asian nations are sister country coz they all look da same

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
nah, but all asian nations are sister country coz they all look da same
Lol, so the same thing can be said of European countries and Australia?

...let alone African nations??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, we all look the same. Perfect in every way.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
lyounamu said:
Why woud you go to Korea for?

Nothing much there. :p
the hot korean girls are more than enough, strathfield just doesn't do it for me anymore.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
the hot korean girls are more than enough, strathfield just doesn't do it for me anymore.
Lol, you will be dissapointed once you get there - jks.

There are few good looking people...but yeah, but the best of the best usually become the actors and everything so all the best are taken. :rofl:

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:
Definitely not from South Korean or Japanese perspective considering what happened duing WWI and WWII when South Korea was occupied and controlled by Japanese people for approximately 50 years.
No, no - in terms of nowadays, the two countries are very much alike. Obviously, South Korea is continually trying to achieve a stately rank like that of Japan. However, keep in mind that a few years (decades) ago, the prospect of 'made in Japan' products wasn't really good; it's the equivalent of today's 'made in China' or 'made in Korea'.

Now I'm not sure if you've been to Korea in recent times, but before you reach Passport Control at ICN, there's this promotional poster outlining the similarities of Korea and Japan.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
No, no - in terms of nowadays, the two countries are very much alike. Obviously, South Korea is continually trying to achieve a stately rank like that of Japan. However, keep in mind that a few years (decades) ago, the prospect of 'made in Japan' products wasn't really good; it's the equivalent of today's 'made in China' or 'made in Korea'.

Now I'm not sure if you've been to Korea in recent times, but before you reach Passport Control at ICN, there's this promotional poster outlining the similarities of Korea and Japan.
Ah, that's interesting.

I am South-Korean myself but I don't have any particular feelings against Japanese people but it is just that...yeah, considering what happened in past really scarred me...

Are you South-Korean? You seem to know a lot.

5233andy

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
and people dont refer qf cca as 'qfcca'..people usually refer to it as QCCA..and thats a name..
not really what i was saying as qcca embodies the LH crew and not QL..i think you misinterpreted
what i was saying..you dont go around saying "I took a QF/QL/DJ/KE flight today"

ANYWAY..lets just not owrry about that anymore..its the most stupdiest thing to debate over..haha
i suppose i was the one that started :p
Umm... lost in translation, I'm afraid.

I refer to this link.

If you have a look at the title, my point is made, and if you scroll down, people do use the call signs of airlines as a short form for the entire name of the airline.

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ah, that's interesting.

I am South-Korean myself but I don't have any particular feelings against Japanese people but it is just that...yeah, considering what happened in past really scarred me...

Are you South-Korean? You seem to know a lot.
Nope, sorry, I'm not Korean - I'm of Chinese heritage. I've visited Korea, myself - in certain areas, it is, indeed, a frightening place to be in - esp. Itaewon with army patrolmen wandering up and down the street.

On your trip to Korea, if you do visit the DMZ, please post pictures here, I'd really like to see them.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Nope, sorry, I'm not Korean - I'm of Chinese heritage. I've visited Korea, myself - in certain areas, it is, indeed, a frightening place to be in - esp. Itaewon with army patrolmen wandering up and down the street.

On your trip to Korea, if you do visit the DMZ, please post pictures here, I'd really like to see them.
Ah, fair enough. What the hell is DMZ though? (sorry for my lack of knowledge, in this case acronym).

5233andy

HSC
Also, if there were very hostile relations with the two states, like that of China and Taiwan, I don't really think that either governments would allow for direct travel between countries.

5233andy

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ah, fair enough. What the hell is DMZ though? (sorry for my lack of knowledge, in this case acronym).
The Demilitarised Zone - the zone between South and North Korea. It's supposedly a taunting place. On the other side of the fence, you can see this humongous North Korean flag. It's a very, very hostile area. Foreigners are allowed to tour North Korea and the DMZ - however, restrictions obviously apply and are strictly enforced.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
The Demilitarised Zone - the zone between South and North Korea. It's supposedly a taunting place. On the other side of the fence, you can see this humongous North Korean flag. It's a very, very hostile area. Foreigners are allowed to tour North Korea and the DMZ - however, restrictions obviously apply and are strictly enforced.
Fuck...I was like 12 years old when I went to Chinese and NK border. There were like people there too and I saw the building-like structure in NK from the border. I was so scared at that time...fuck, that reminds me...

Yeah, I would definitely try to visit that place then...

5233andy

HSC
Imagine touring North Korea... the countryside is somewhat breathtaking - in terms of the natural landscape. But I must admit, however, that one would be lucky if he/she makes exits the country unscarred.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Imagine touring North Korea... the countryside is somewhat breathtaking - in terms of the natural landscape. But I must admit, however, that one would be lucky if he/she makes exits the country unscarred.
Actually they do permit people from SK to enter NK for a tour, I think. My grandmother went to NK for few days or week or whatever actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)