Kosovo declares Independence (1 Viewer)

Mihailovic

HSC
Thank you for your agreement.

The Serbian government has been very reasonable in what it has offered the Albanians of Kosovo and Metohija. They have for quite some time stated that they find a substantial degree of autonomy as an acceptable and fair alternative to independence. The goodwill of the Serbian government should be evident in the fact that they are only pursuing diplomatic measures against this illegal declaration and abhorrent injustice.

Kosovo and Metohija has a substantial amount of emotional significance to the Serbian people. It is the cultural foundation of the Serbian nation and the religious heart of Serbia. It is the gravest injustice that could be bestowed upon the Serbian people for them to no longer be allowed to access their history and centuries old monasteries, and the land of their forefathers who have lived and died in Kosovo and Metohija.

boris2003

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Lol! So people not conforming to your way of thinking are having identity crises?

You my friend, are a complete fool.

Oh, and my name is Chris, I'm 'Strayan. I know who I am, but do you? And, the whole "being alive" junket was used already - I suggest you get some original material.
Obviously there's something wrong with them, and yes that includes you too. I may be a fool, but definitely not a bigger one than you

Mihailovic

HSC
Seriously, I don't think there is a purpose in petty name calling. If you are incapable of an intelligent conversation than that demonstrates the scope of your knowledge on the issue.

boris2003 don't bother reacting to their provocation.

boris2003

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Keep telling yourself that mate.

LolWS.
There's really no point in me spending my time arguing.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which I respect. But what I don't respect are the opinions of those who base their perspectives from what they have heard from the media. You my friend belong in that category.
All the best.

Last edited:

dr.denk

HSC
I will never accept this independece and thats the end of my ranting on this forum.

Goodday to all

and aMUSED1977, i like you :D

dr.denk

HSC
boris2003 said:
There's really no point in me spending my time arguing.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which I respect. But what I don't respect are the opinions of those who base their perspectives from what they have heard from the media. You mu friend belong in that category.
All the best.

Hardly anything is heard from the media about this current issue.

Atleast i havnt seen abything major about it?

HSC
The International Court of Justice found in February last year that Serbia did not commit genocide.

But it went unreported in the press because it doesn't fit in with their demonisation of the Serbs.

Mihailovic

HSC
That is true. Not much has been said in the Australian media. But what they have said is often quite misrepresentative of the situation and misleading. But that is pretty much a reflection of the Australian government's stance on the issue. It's recognition of the illegal declaration is based on the false premise that it will bring stability to the Balkans. In fact it will do the contrary.

boris2003

HSC
Trampoline Man said:
The International Court of Justice found in February last year that Serbia did not commit genocide.

But it went unreported in the press because it doesn't fit in with their demonisation of the Serbs.
Obviously

boris2003

HSC
dr.denk said:
Hardly anything is heard from the media about this current issue.

Atleast i havnt seen abything major about it?
Media, as in World Media, not just the Australian Media, well apart from SBS, there hasn't been anything on either of the 3 private owned channels.

Mihailovic

HSC
You can interpret whatever you wish from my 'implication'. But there is a lot to be inferred from your grossly inaccurate and uneducated generalisations about Serbian people. It is evidently guided by misinformation and simplistic propaganda that you have selectively read.

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:

You should join forces with the Muslims who think the world is against them too! PERFECT MATCH.
Well, in case you didn't notice, Kosovo is majority Muslim, so I don't expect to join forces with them any time soon.

Mihailovic

HSC
aMUSEd1977 every word you write proves even more that you know very little. Why would the world hate Serbs? - that's a ridiculous suggestion. Just because you seem to hate Serbian people, doesn't mean that 'the whole world does'. And further, just because Serbs don't agree with the policies Western governments are pursuing, does not in any way mean that they think the world hates them.

Kosovo and Metohija has never legally belonged to Albanians. It has always been the home of the Serbian nation. That is true.

I've said what I've wanted to say. And you have said nothing of much substance so I won't engage with you any longer.

*Minka*

HSC
ari89 said:
This thread has died.

People against the independence of Kosovo please (re)state your reasons as I'm interested. Is there anything solid other than an emotional attachment to Serbia?

Firstly, a lot of it is attachment to Serbia. I personally am about 65-70% Croatian and 30-35% Serbian, give ot take. I have a Croatian Father and my mother has a Serbian Father and a half Serbian, half Croatian mother. My mother and grandfather are both Serbian Orthodox. I am not a religious person, but I understand what the Serbian Orthodox faith means to many Serbians.

You hear people say that Kosovo is the Heart of Serbia. Well, it is in many ways. Kosovo is the home of many of the most ancient churches in the Serbian Orthodox faith and during the war, Albanians actually destroyed them. These places are historically and emotionally significant to Serbs and those with family who are Serbs. This decleration of independence all but gives the Albanians free reign over these places to destory as their wish. It would be kinda like allowing Indonesia to come and destroy the Sydney Harbour Bridge with us as Australians not being able to do a thing to stop it. Not the best example, but it is all I can think of right now.

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that the independent Kosovo government will live up to its promise to protect and make provisions for the Serbian Minority. I believe that if anything, the ethnic purging will continue and many Serbians will pack up and leave for Serbia if they can afford it. Factor into this the fact that Hashim Thaçi is basically a war criminal. There is no other way to put it. That man is a vile and didgusting war criminal and is in a position of high power in Kosovo. I know many in Belgrade, including my Uncle's neighbours, who have fled from having their houses burnt down and a blinde eye being tured to it.

Thirdly, people are quick to point the finger at Serbians and call us all War Criminals because of the actions of Milosevic. Milosevic does not represent all Serbians. My family? We hated him, we rejoyced when he was removed from power. So many people are all 'yay! Kosovo is independent from the evil Serbs' without hearing the full side of the story. Albania ethnically cleansed Kosovo of Serbs through violence and intimidation. They have basically come and taken over Serbian land and driven the Serbs out by genocide and have gone on to destory Serbian culture. I wish people would hear both sides of the story before commenting.

I understand if there are people who disagree with me. But I am a rational person and hope that this post came across as such. They are my retional reasons that I believe Kosovo is Serbia. It is the birthplace of Serbian culture and the Orthodox religion which means a lot to many Serbs. And now it is in the hands of those who set out to destroy it. That is the crux of my reason I oppose Serbian independence. I will upload a couple of pics taken by myself and friends and family in Kosovo so you can see for yourself.

*Minka*

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
-majaa- said:
go do some research first and then come back with some useful information that you would like to share
okay, genius. tell us how kosovo is going to maintain itself without relying on other nations. i'd love to know.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
For u Dijane:

On February 18th 2008 the Albanian majority of Kosovo i Metohija claimed "independence" over a region that has been historically a Serbian holy land for hundreds of years.

The point of this post is for the general Australian (all of us) to understand the situation in Kosovo i Metohija.

I dont think there would be one Serb who would be a supporter of Slobodan Milosevic and his communist tendancies. The Croats and Muslims can harp on about him being a hardcore nationalist, but that is furthest from the truth.

He was a communist child who brought pain to the Serbian nation.

But, at the end of the day, whats yours is yours.

The below image shows you the Serbian churches and monastaries in Kosovo i Metohija.

http://www.terrorwhy.kg.co.yu/images/bastina/spomenici_v.jpg

Here is an article that states exactly what the situation is about.

Czech Buisness Weekly

Historical parallels show EU’s Kosovo policy is insane
By: Jiř* Hanák, 07. 01. 2008, More by this author

The new year begins under the sign of the infamy that the U.S. and the European Union are committing against Serbia by supporting independence for the Serbian province of Kosovo. In this relation, I cannot help but reach for a historical comparison. When, in October 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain defended the Munich Agreement with Hitler as offering “peace in our time”, Winston Churchill said, “The nation had to choose between shame and war. We have chosen shame. We shall get the war as well.” To paraphrase— Washington and the EU have chosen between a restless Balkans and dishonesty. They have chosen dishonesty and will have troubles with more than the Balkans.

But let us leave Serbia aside, injured and demeaned as it is. In its current state of mind, it is imaginable that Serbia will turn its back on the EU and the West and will seek a safe harbor in Moscow. The idea that Serbia may permit Russia to establish a base on its territory is not as fantastic as it may seem. Desperate states do desperate things.

When discussing Kosovo’s independence, we cannot apply a nation’s right to self-determination. The Albanian nation already has its state. The Kosovo Albanians are thus merely a minority in Serbia, as the Czech Germans were in pre-war Czechoslovakia. But there are further points. If the Euro-Atlantic alliance grants independence to the Albanians in Kosovo, will it be able to consistently deny it to Albanians in the Republic of Macedonia, where they form a high percentage minority? And what about Republika Srpska in Bosnia-Herzegovina? Would it not have the right to untangle itself from the (nonfunctioning) Bosnian double state and declare its own independence as well? I am almost certain that an independent Kosovo and an independent Republika Srpska in Bosnia would fuse with their “mother” states in the foreseeable future, resulting in an entirely new map of the region.

These matters are but a trifle, however, compared to the whole extent of what may come spilling out of the Pandora’s box of Kosovo’s independence. If the Albanian minority in Serbia can become independent, why not the Hungarian minority in Slovakia? And in Romania? And what about Chechnya? And the Turks in Cyprus? And what about the 40-million strong Kurdish nation, with its own language and culture? Only because fate cast them into a cursedly sensitive area—one by the way that has billions of barrels of oil?

And look at the icing on the cake: the KLA, supposedly the Kosovo Albanians’ liberation army, was as recently as 1998 listed on the U.S.’s list of terrorist organizations. Only thanks to the magic wand of the U.S. State Department, then headed by Madeleine Albright, did the terrorists and narco-barons change into respectable freedom fighters. I cannot judge how much a role was played by the charm of KLA political leader Hashim Thaçi (also known as “the Snake”). What is certain is the fact that we will be witnesses to a unique event—with the declaration of an independent Kosovo, the narco-mafia will gain its own state.

The states of the EU will probably recognize Kosovo’s independence; only Cyprus is holding out. In the case of Slovakia or Romania, the approval will be either hypocritical or suicidal. For the Czech Republic, it will be a living example of forgetting one’s own history. I am sorry that, as a convinced backer of the EU, I have to say that in the case of Kosovo, the EU has apparently gone insane.

The Australian government has supported Kosovo independence, do you the Average Australian tax payer support an Asian republic in Cabramatta? A Lebanese republic in Punchbowl? A Turkish republic in Auburn?

The same principles apply.

Kosovo i Metohija is the cradle of the Serbian nation. We were under Turkish rule for 500 years and held onto our religion and our culture and our ties to Kosovo i Metohija.

I urge you all to ignore the ramblings of the Croats and Muslims on this forum. Get your facts yourself.

I urge you all to email various radio stations, MP's and the PM and show your disgust at our nation accepting this "independence".

Im sure this topic will now be tarnished by clowns. Ignore it. Do your part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)