Kukui nut necklaces (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I like them, I bought a black necklace from ebay, at first the kukui nuts were bigger then I expected, but they look really nice on.They also come in different colours.
Kukui nuts are produced by the kukui - or "candlenut" - tree, which is the state tree of Hawaii

courtney_*

I just brought one off ebay as well. I Love mine but I hope they don't become too common in Australia!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i ordered some from the teteo warehouse in kauai cos i have family in hawaii.

this was a year or so ago when i saw them on satc. they are quite nice but i hardly ever wear them anymore. i think maybe i shoulve bought longer ones rather than the choker... oh well.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A

Skeeta

HSC
yay im going to hawaii at the end of the year
im gonna buy a necklace now
aloha

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A

maddison10

HSC
N/A
Am i the only one who fucking hates them?

They remind me of cheap kiddies play jewellery. WHY, i ask you.
They're not cute, they're not hot, they're not elegant, they're not stylish... and they are most DEFINATELY not practical or comfortable.

That weatherwoman (Nuala something?) was wearing them a few days ago. How ugly were they? It just made her neck look fat and they hung around her breasts the wrong way.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
maddison10 said:
Am i the only one who fucking hates them?

They remind me of cheap kiddies play jewellery. WHY, i ask you.
They're not cute, they're not hot, they're not elegant, they're not stylish... and they are most DEFINATELY not practical or comfortable.

That weatherwoman (Nuala something?) was wearing them a few days ago. How ugly were they? It just made her neck look fat and they hung around her breasts the wrong way.
Well I like them:)
Obviously not everyone will like them , we all have our own taste.
How do you know if they are comfortable or not, have you worn them before?
I didn't see Nuala wearing them, though just because they didn't look good on her dosn't mean they won't look good on others. They don't suit everyone.
I worn mine for the first time the other day and I got compliments from people. A guy said they looked nice on me too.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
Is the weather getting cooler? Ask Nuala

haha i love that ad

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I bought some, I got a brown one and black one from ebay for $30 including the postage and I thought that was pretty reasonable... I really like them, they are boho funky. Fun to wear.... I really wanted a pink set but always got outbidded, but I really like the brown one anyway.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
i was in hawaii in april and i bought some brown ones... theyre cool
cant really remember but i think they cost me about AUD$10, not too sure, but somewhere around that
i wish i bought more in different colours :(

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I think I saw them in the window at Witchery at Broadway today.

HSC
Well... i still hate them.

Maybe its just my hatred of UTS Comm students wearing random shit around their neck.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
this girl in my biz law tute had this ugly necklace on today and i told her it was nice.

and it's not restricted to the uts comm girls either!

HSC
I constantly see the most ugly things in existence. Half of them look like pasta, aluminium foil or paper mache creations. They look expensive too.

It puts me off wearing necklaces.

Why'd you tell her it was nice?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I constantly see the most ugly things in existence. Half of them look like pasta, aluminium foil or paper mache creations. They look expensive too.

It puts me off wearing necklaces.

Why'd you tell her it was nice?
Because she commented on mine, and I felt obliged to comment on hers.. plus she was playing with it like a little kid as if she WANTED me to tell her that it was nice.
It was just one of those things, I couldn't tell her the random assortment of oversized beads (and i mean oversized, they were long and patterned and one of them looked like they had taken it off one of those kids toys with the different shaped balls on the tangle of wires and you move the beads from one side to the other) was ugly.

and yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)