Kurt hates me (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro I don’t even think they are allowed to do that wtf
I know schools usually give detentions, but not tutoring centres. 🤔

I think Kurt is the only one that does lol
I see. I've taught at a tutoring centre but never really went to one as a student, so you guys surely know more than me.

laterz laterz

HSC
I know schools usually give detentions, but not tutoring centres. 🤔

I see. I've taught at a tutoring centre but never really went to one as a student, so you guys surely know more than me.
lol i never went to a tutoring centre either but all my friends do so ik

kkk579

hello
HSC
Ye basically i failed a Kurt Test and hes been giving me so many detentions i want to prove to Kurt that i can do better , anyone else who was very infamous around kurt but then proved to be succesful.
holdon tutoring centres are allowed to give detentions??? i’ve never seen any tuitions give out detentions and ive gone thru a handful of tutoring centres lmao

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
bruh ur literally paying a guy to be put in detention.

on a serious note, you shouldn't be trying to impress anyone regardless what year you're in. if you're being lazy and you're not studying, try setting a study routine, if you're just struggling but you've been paying attention in class and grinding hard then perhaps the tutoring centre doesn't suit you and you might need to find another tutor.

No idea who the tutor is but thats just my opinion in general. Personally I wouldn't go to tutoring that treats you like you're in school, I see the benefits only from another explanation and way of practice - or techniques that have worked for a cohort of students that can help u boost ur marks at school. Maybe his tutoring is great but from what I'm seeing I would be against it, once again don't know the place so he could be a really good tutor who's trying to discipline you? But i dont feel like tutorings the place for that anyways lol..

Edit:
I just realised the original post was made in March 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

on a serious note, you shouldn't be trying to impress anyone regardless what year you're in. if you're being lazy and you're not studying, try setting a study routine, if you're just struggling but you've been paying attention in class and grinding hard then perhaps the tutoring centre doesn't suit you and you might need to find another tutor.

No idea who the tutor is but thats just my opinion in general. Personally I wouldn't go to tutoring that treats you like you're in school, I see the benefits only from another explanation and way of practice - or techniques that have worked for a cohort of students that can help u boost ur marks at school. Maybe his tutoring is great but from what I'm seeing I would be against it, once again don't know the place so he could be a really good tutor who's trying to discipline you? But i dont feel like tutorings the place for that anyways lol..

Edit:
I just realised the original post was made in March 🤦‍♀️
Nah some people are just lazy and need some external pushes to keep them doing their work and perform. Sad reality.

laterz laterz

HSC

you might need to find another tutor.

Personally I wouldn't go to tutoring that treats you like you're in school, I see the benefits only from another explanation and way of practice - or techniques that have worked for a cohort of students that can help u boost ur marks at school. Maybe his tutoring is great but from what I'm seeing I would be against it, once again don't know the place so he could be a really good tutor who's trying to discipline you? But i dont feel like tutorings the place for that anyways lol..
LOL a lot of kids from my school go to Kurt and they think it is a really reliable tutoring centre

even though he gives detentions, he genuinely cares about the kids he teaches

a lot of the top math guys in my grade go to kurt and they find it pretty good

this isn't my opinion, it's just what they tell me

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yeah, I can definitely see that, some of my friends used to tell stories where someone got put in detention for just joking around but even then they still respected the guy. It certainly works for specific individuals but in my opinion its a futile effort to go to tutoring if you don't have some form of commitment yourself but loads of kids get pushed into it and consequently it just becomes an extra day of school which defeats the purpose imo, even if they learn more.

That's just my perception of tutoring, I feel like you have to put in your interest and determination to excel to really reap the benefits. The times I've went to tutoring were out of my own persistence and I've seen results but I've also seen other of my classmates in the tution not giving a real shit so I feel bad because their money's going to waste. Looking from this perspective, the fact the guy decides to put detention would show he does care about the kid and his marks so he does seem caring from that point. But still... Idk, it just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Nah I don't think so. Detentions at most tutoring centres often occur in some sort of catch up class or revision lesson for that particular topic.

Wdym. It was a perfectly valid statement.

yep pretty much.
Have you been in detentions in tutoring before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)