Kyoto Protocol (1 Viewer)

patlaw

HSC
Why the hell hasn't Australia signed the Kyoto Protocol?

....Sorry, doesn't matter. I forgot we had a dropkick for a Prime Minister!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
patlaw said:
Why the hell hasn't Australia signed the Kyoto Protocol?

....Sorry, doesn't matter. I forgot we had a dropkick for a Prime Minister!
That dropkick has a Bachelor of Laws from USYD and was a soliticor in the NSW Supreme Court. He's also managed the economy through a recession. So dont use the dropkick about a man which you will never even compare with.

Nothing personal, just defending the PM.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea, even if latham was the pm.. i wouldn't just go out flat insulting the guy, it is the position of authority & honor in our country.

We havent signed the kyoto protocol because...
a) we have alot of coal & therefore coal power plants are the most viable.
b) the developed countries that have signed it have nuclear power plants...they're cleaner, if you call nuclear waste clean =/
c) it would hurt our economy to put in place new powerplants.
d) we have a struggling power network as it is.
To many well based facts for the lefties mate. The reason we haven't signed it is because the PM is obviously a dropkick.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Through the protocol we are able to determine our own targets... It is a symbolic gesture more than anything else (from what I understand), so there is nothing stopping the government from signing on, apart from tenuous economic fears.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Through the protocol we are able to determine our own targets... It is a symbolic gesture more than anything else (from what I understand), so there is nothing stopping the government from signing on, apart from tenuous economic fears.
On the news the other day they said the PM was walking through a mall when some hill billy said "Why haven't we signed the Kyoto Protocol?"

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
There would be more to it than that, if it was a symbolic gesture where we just set goals... i dont think we would care.
mmm...there has to be some part were we have to cut our CFC usage.

walrusbear

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
That dropkick has a Bachelor of Laws from USYD and was a soliticor in the NSW Supreme Court. He's also managed the economy through a recession.
don't forget compulsive liar

Generator

HSC
N/A
The Protocol has been signed, just not ratified.

http://www.greenhouse.gov.au/international/kyoto/

'The Government has decided not to ratify the Kyoto Protocol at present because it is not in Australia’s interest to do so... The Government is committed, however, to Australia’s target, agreed under the Kyoto Protocol, of limiting greenhouse gas emissions to 108% of 1990 levels over the period 2008-12.'

That is why I said that it is more a symbolic gesture than anything else.

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You can't tell me that you actually think he has below-average intelligence...
it's not that he's stupid, it's that he's a cunt

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol that's you're opinion ur entitled to it.

Just don't become one of these people who think that politicians like Howard, Latham, Bush are stupid.

You seem like a smart bloke and i like reading the fairly unbias points you make.

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lol that's you're opinion ur entitled to it.

Just don't become one of these people who think that politicians like Howard, Latham, Bush are stupid.

You seem like a smart bloke and i like reading the fairly unbias points you make.
bush is stupid isnt he?
he does a fucking good job creating that image anyway
i always looked at him more as a puppet

but yeah most politicians would have to be very smart to get where they are.

walrusbear

HSC
do you have any evidence to point past his countless bumbling efforts at public speaking
it sounds like he doesn't understand what's going on around him

walrusbear

HSC
not necessarily

but it sure is a decent indicator

i'm serious, can you please convince me he's intelligent

it seems like everything has been bought for him

walrusbear

HSC
Asquithian said:
he askes god for policy directions...his born again christian mates feel that sept 11 was gods way of punishing them for not killing gays

no joke...those were the words of the 'moral majority' that is active group behind bush
yeah, didn't he refer to the whole iraq fuckup as a 'crusade' at one point?
that is fucking scary :p

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I can't convince you he's intelligent, as no matter what i bring up you will say that it's a lie or that it was bought for him...

You should just generally accept that most people in such a position of power... must be fairly smart, people that have interviewed him have never said he is dumb..
i do generally accept that most people in power are smart, or at least cunning. but i seriously think he's an exception.
i'm not sure you'll get many american interviewers who would call him dumb, esp. with freedom of speech suffering a fucking huge knock over there (patriot act).

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
He graduated from Yale, has an MBA from Harvard and was a F102 pilot. Al Gore, on the other hand, graduated from Harvard, became a reporter in the Army, came home, tried and failed to get either a Divinity School or a Law School degree from Vanderbilt University in Tennessee.

Idiots can't fly planes.
that's actually a pretty good point

but i digress
anyone heard this:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/18356/

tribal sovereignty

patlaw

HSC
Im not saying that howard is stupid! far from it. He is just an asshole that has his head so far up his cousins butt at Shell Industries. Yeah, thats right i bet not many people knew that!

He knows it is polluting the atmosphere by not ratifying but the scary thing is that he doesn't care. Thats what makes him an asshole. Im not some tall poppy cutter who mindlessly says "God Howards a wanka!". John Howard is in the Prime Ministers job which is tough but there are better people for the job who are less likely to mislead the public. I have legitimate reasons why i don't think Howard deserves to be PM. However, I'm not gonna go out there and say vote Democrats (drunks), Labor (a bit arrogant for my liking) or Greens (scary to think they might have control of Australias defence mechanisms, eeekkk!!!).

walrusbear

HSC
howards worst crimes are misleading the public, lying and refusing to budge national interests toward what is wanted, rather fit an agenda around creating his own version of australia: one of the glorious fifties. where christian white males could keep it real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)