Labor Leadership Challenge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Julia Gillard has requested a ballot for the leadership of the Labor Party 9am tomorrow morning.

Rudd will be contesting

xMaNx

HSC
I just hope labor loses the election, I honestly dont care who's leader. BUT for that to happen Rudd has to stay, so I hope he stays.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The party room has to back Gillard now. Anything else is suicide for the party just months from an election.

xMaNx

HSC
That is true, But one can still hope.

And I honestly doubt that Gillard will win the actual election, she doesn't seem to have an appeal to herself like Rudd did, but only time will tell, there's still about 3-5 months.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
that's more than 3 q's rudd. if u cant count to 3 how can you run a country!
3 minutes ago via web

proper government
4 minutes ago via web

only three questions and then ruddy has to go cut himself
5 minutes ago via web

oh man rudd you are well stupid
6 minutes ago via web

waiting for rudd to start crying

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
"Kevin Rudd looks likely to be dumped as Prime Minister.

Factional powerbrokers have spoken to the ABC and are awaiting the outcome of a meeting between Deputy Leader Julia Gillard and Mr Rudd.

The move against Mr Rudd began several weeks ago in a discussion between Mark Arbib and David Feeney from the NSW right faction.

The pair met Ms Gillard this morning and by noon had told her they had the support of the NSW right, the SA right and the WA right.

They told her that the party could not win the next election with Mr Rudd as Prime Minister but with her they could go forward with a strong message.

The two powerbrokers said even without having picked up the phone they would get a 60-40 split on the right, with the left split down the middle.

Mr Feeney and Mr Arbib said they had done their work and were now waiting to see the outcome of the discussion with Ms Gillard.

Senior party strategists and some cabinet ministers are now convinced Mr Rudd cannot win the next election.

One senior party source said: "This crypto-facist made no effort to build a base within the party and now his only faction - Newspoll - has deserted him. He is gone."

Labor sources do not believe there is any way back for Mr Rudd from this crisis. "

Labor to dump Rudd for Gillard - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Lentern

HSC
I cannot believe that they have done something so unspeakably stupid. All my strident predictions before this are withdrawn with much humility, never in my wildest dreams did I think the caucus could be this stupid and for crediting them with so much intelligence I realise I displayed such a great lack of my own. Gillard might just beat Abbott, but she is no match for Malcolm Turnbull who will skin her alive if he gets his mits on the leadership.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All state Right factions have swung behind Gillard.

Gillard has the numbers.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
One senior party source said: "This crypto-facist made no effort to build a base within the party and now his only faction - Newspoll - has deserted him. He is gone."

ouch

Garygaz

HSC
gillard will not win this election. this is possibly the most fucking stupid thing in australias political history. she won't even get a honey moon period.

they can count this as one vote lost on their part.

HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd is the worst, I find this immensely pleasing even if it seems to be rather sudden.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Those fuckers ratfucked him.

If I never hear Kevin Rudd utter one more word towards the media, it will be too soon.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
bahahahahahaha

fuck this realistically changes nothing but I hate Rudd so much this is just the fucking best

Lentern

HSC
Just saw Laurrie Bonehead Ferguson on lateline saying he knows nothing about it. BULLSHIT! YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST ON THE PHONE YOU FUCKING OLD LABOR HACK! Ferguson has been pissed off ever since Gillard refused to nominate for the leadership in 2006.

xMaNx

HSC
Rudd is the worst, I find this immensely pleasing even if it seems to be rather sudden.
It's better for Rudd to win this, even tho he clearly wont, but in the minor chance he does, labor has guaranteed defeat.

xMaNx

HSC
No, I'm being serious.

If rudd wins this, labor has no chance of winning the election.

Also, Labor needs to be demolished, it's a shit party.

HSC
Uni Grad
No, I'm being serious.

If rudd wins this, labor has no chance of winning the election.

Also, Labor needs to be demolished, it's a shit party.
I have to agree with this.

I would never vote for labor but Gillard seems less abhorrent and contemptible than Rudd.

Garygaz

HSC
i think if he wins tomorrow morning it will be forgotten pretty quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)