Labor Left v. Greens (1 Viewer)

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
i dont even agree with that

that would just mean the greens would probably win every. fucking. time.

restrict the voting franchise to married men who own property

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
wasn't it there some disaster movie where they said the most rational people are middle aged single men

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
okay so people who only pay capital gains tax don't get to vote

what about rate payers?

volunteer workers?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Depends, where are the rate payers getting their income?

And what about non-Australian citizens paying capital gains tax, does that mean they get to vote?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Nah, I'm just doing this because it's lolz. I honestly believe the current system is shit but it's the best we've got.

pduggan161

HSC
labor left actually implements real policys that can work for australians while the greens sit back and list of bullsh#t hypothetical ideas knowing they will never have to make good on them. thankfully people are starting to realise that

Lentern

HSC
im pretty sure a one world government is not a good policy
Yes thankyou but discussions about effective government is best left to those who believe there actually should be a government.

Lentern

HSC
Most of the progressive reforms in this country have been driving by the the Labor unity faction actually, first by Keating and Richardson in the eighties/early nineties then by Rudd. Even this recent same sex marriage business, the Labor left officially endorsed it 1999 and have been pushing for it ever since, it was only once Mark Arbib and Paul Howes began pushing for it in 2010 that anything got done.

Politic

HSC
N/A
Well from a Lefties point of view.. say what you want about the Greens but I will say this.... they DO have decent policies such a high speed rail and their focus on sustainability in areas such as transport, population and (many will disagree) good social policies towards refugees and were years ahead of Labor with same sex marriage.

Of course they're only a minority party right now and suffer the consequences of that while Labor enjoys its position...

It just seems to me that a Lefty has to choose between being true to their ideology or progressing sometimes against your political philosophy and making major party practical difference (to what extent this difference is satisfactory is debatable...)

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
It just seems to me that a Lefty has to choose between being true to their ideology or progressing sometimes against your political philosophy and making major party practical difference (to what extent this difference is satisfactory is debatable...)
thats what labor right is for you penk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)