Labor's Future (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Asquithian said:
indeedy...Pity the majority of income tax cuts went to people over 100 000. Whereas the majority of the population gets a $6 tax cut which will be subsumed by the increase in petrol prices and the rise in interest rates.
^^You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Asquithian again.

im gonna go round repping neone so that i can rep u

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Deus said:
CIrcumstances change, especially from the economic climate from 20 or so years ago.

The GST was an unpopular but neccesary reform of indirect tax.
i always saw it as a negative thing, y was it so good?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
indeedy...Pity the majority of income tax cuts went to people over 100 000. Whereas the majority of the population gets a $6 tax cut which will be subsumed by the increase in petrol prices and the rise in interest rates.

Labor's tax cut plan was substatially fairer for the Australian population but no one gave it two seconds thought.
That budget was put in several years after any benefits/cuts the GST would have given have been delivered, so you can't really cite that as a direct effect.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There has to be a shift from direct (income) tax to indirect taxes. The population is ageing and the size of the workforce is shrinking. This will cause the income tax base to significantly decline. However people will still buy goods and services, so the government can source revenue from there in the form of indirect taxes.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
withoutaface said:
*whispers "You're supposed to suggest we tax the rich some more."
lol not that i would be totally against that, but ( a question for u lib supporters) doesn't the amount of financial segregation between people in society worry you? or do u feel that "oh they make crap and get small tax cuts, fuk em?"

A huge difference in incomes, and the rate of poverty in this country is a thing which i feel strongly about, (not that im poor or nething) but i feel for those less fortunate.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Asquithian said:
huh? I dont that

The GST is only fair if you decrease income tax. That was promised years ago. Delivered this year. However the income tax cuts were not very equitable and as a result of petrol prices inflation and interests rates going up the majority of the Australia are still no better off.

The GST is a good policy when income tax comes down in an equitable way.

As for the 3 or 4 years that the Federal government had been raking in the GST WHILE ALSO collecting income tax at high levels...where has all this money gone? the government has had a windfall of collecting pre GST levels of income tax as well as GST revenue. Is your life somehow much easier financially than it was before? What the hell happened to the windfall? Thats right income tax cuts...but to the rich only! YAY!
^^ Fukin hell i wanna rep u!!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
shady_03 said:
lol not that i would be totally against that, but ( a question for u lib supporters) doesn't the amount of financial segregation between people in society worry you? or do u feel that "oh they make crap and get small tax cuts, fuk em?"

A huge difference in incomes, and the rate of poverty in this country is a thing which i feel strongly about, (not that im poor or nething) but i feel for those less fortunate.
The effects on the income taxes of 99% of the population based on whether the top 1% has their pants taxed off them is minimal.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Yes but out of Labor or the liberals, which one would the terrorists have their tendancies towards? Labor because the extremists were all let in under them, and labor has policies which let them "set up base" here.

Every single terrorist, that is currently in Australia, was:

a) let in by labor or;
b) let in by a policy remaining from a labor era.

Don't believe there aren’t terrorists here. Anyone who is naive and thinks that there are none in Australia, or that there are only a select few, is kidding themselves. There are swarms of them. Underneath every rock! *stands up and starts looking around* They're everywhere *screams*
can u name these "terrorists" or are u just pullin it outta ur ass??? Coz those are pretty extreme allegations

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
It might be more like the top five percent at least. And the lowest five percent do care when they can scarce afford food.
But why go insane on the top 5% rather than spread it across all of those who are managing to live well within their means?

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
That is disgusting, mathmite. You shame this nation in suggesting that the Party that built this country up to what it is today is a Party that would sympathise with terrorist activity.

It's on the same level as me attacking the Liberal Party for being the party any Ku Klux Klan members would vote for.

The Australian Labor Party is no less tough on terrorism than the Liberals. You are thinking purely hypothetically, discarding any sense of reality.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
withoutaface said:
But why go insane on the top 5% rather than spread it across all of those who are managing to live well within their means?
There's a difference between those managing to live well within their means and those who have that much money they don't know what to do with and who get tax less then those who live well within their means.

leetom

HSC
So labor removed policies which were protecting Australian industry? That's strange.
Yes, Labor did, in the best interest of the Australian economy. It was well known that unfortunate immediate consequences would come about as a result of the implementation of the said reforms, but it had to be done in order for Australia to prosper on a long term basis. This was done with forsight

Which boats, and which specific indiviudals on those boats (which then went on to become your 'terrorist'), did the Labor Party permit entry to and when did this occur?

Labor supports mandatory detention, as well.

You have to be more specific when defining your terrorist. Who is he?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i like to liken John Howard to Margaret Thatcher, hated, but popular. and she ruled conservative for a long time, with labour strugling, going through heaps of leaders, like labor here, but they finally churned out Tony Blair.

so, i think Labor here is waiting for our Tony Blair

and J.H. will be ousted, the power has gotten 2 him

spell check

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
What? Why do you keep relating Sydney airport to the liberal party? Half of the terrorists were let in by what ever means (be it boat or what ever) under labors relaxed immigration stance;
actually al qaeda operates by sending members into developed countries like Australia on planes in business suits with good documentation to form independent cells, and they tend not to be identifiable as terrorists

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
spell check said:
actually al qaeda operates by sending members into developed countries like Australia on planes in business suits with good documentation to form independent cells, and they tend not to be identifiable as terrorists
Precisely. Not too many terrorists come in on leaky boats esp with the financial backing many terrorist groups have.

leetom

HSC
Your diversion of any type of questioning or discussion of the core issue gets tiresome for some people on this forum (conservative and otherwise) who wouldnt bother because you cannot engage in any kind of discussion without repeating your blind mantra.
Asquithian is victory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)