Labour Market Policies Question! (1 Viewer)

manutd8

HSC
Howard Government = AWAs & Enterprise Bargaining, Employees & Employers Individually agreed upon the wages. Decentralised wage fixing system.

Rudd Government = Moving to Award system & Collective Agreements, under which the Fair Work Act 2009 - the FWA Commision sets the standard for wages. therefore moving back to a centralised wage fixing system.

Please tell me if im wrong or right. ADD INFO, Any comments appreciated xD

absorber

HSC
I don't know much about this, but I am pretty sure they're not moving back to a centralised system LOL.

20 years ago it was a labor government which led to decentralisation, the howard govt encouraged this further, the Rudd govt is instituting reforms which though not as extreme as howard's are still without a doubt set in that direction

manutd8

HSC
I don't know much about this, but I am pretty sure they're not moving back to a centralised system LOL.

20 years ago it was a labor government which led to decentralisation, the howard govt encouraged this further, the Rudd govt is instituting reforms which though not as extreme as howard's are still without a doubt set in that direction
haha eeeeeeek lol. but a centralised wage fixing system is where the government or industrial tribunal i.e. FWA set the minimum wages for industries and/or sectors. is that not what this new labour market program about? lol im confused az. but thanks for your input :)

gnrlies

HSC
No, we are not moving towards a centralised system such as the one we had in the 80's but we are moving back to a system that is more reminescent of the working nation reforms established by Paul Keating (which was regarded as the decentralisation of the labour market).

vpa2891

HSC
Yeah, my teacher said work choice act gave too much power to employers and now fair work act tends to bring equality to both employers and employees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)