Lack of Motivation? (1 Viewer)

Joga Bonito

HSC
Is anyone here finding it hard to get motivated for their first assessments? i don't get it, i realise its the HSC and all, but yeah for some reason i cannot be bothered to study or even make notes. It's a worry really, because at the start of the term, i was yess this is it, i'm going to kill the hsc, but now...:(

Пaтpик

HSC
I only got 2 exams left!!
Hahahahahaha!!
Holidays on Wednesday!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thats my motivation!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i spose just think about getting a degree that leads to a salary that is unjustifiably high.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
HOLIDAYS --> that's my motivation

I also took the advice from the "you shuld be studying and actually caring and paying attention in class" speeches/hints i got from some teachers during my prelims and am now doing it, after ignoring it for all of my prelims XD

chumbumm. =D

HSC
be competitive..
try to beat ppl in ur grade..and come first in the grade..
dats my motivation!

=)

Пaтpик

HSC
I just love the satisfaction I get from learning something new! Learning the history of the world is my motivation for modern history. I know practically every date of every battle and important event that happened during WW1 and that is what keeps me motivated!!!

kara42

HSC
Joga Bonito said:
Is anyone here finding it hard to get motivated for their first assessments? i don't get it, i realise its the HSC and all, but yeah for some reason i cannot be bothered to study or even make notes. It's a worry really, because at the start of the term, i was yess this is it, i'm going to kill the hsc, but now...:(
I'm EXACTLY the same... it sucks. :(

chumbumm. =D

HSC
Пaтpик said:
I just love the satisfaction I get from learning something new! Learning the history of the world is my motivation for modern history. I know practically every date of every battle and important event that happened during WW1 and that is what keeps me motivated!!!
wow. dats amazing..
i've always sucked at history..

random question...but i was just wondering...is everyone on this site living in australia?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I would believe so seeing as it's a site for Australian schooling but there may be some international students living in Australia temporarily here.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
chumbumm. =D said:
wow. dats amazing..
i've always sucked at history..

random question...but i was just wondering...is everyone on this site living in australia?
Technically some people in Singapore? And a few other countries are taking the HSC, as in they're doing the exact same syllabus and stuff as we are. So theoretically, they COULD be on this site

But no, they're not. So yes, everyone in this site is in australia

Oh yeah, my motivation is still to beat everyone. Simple yet great

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
I think it's pretty hard on you guys to be expected to turn around and begin a whole new year of study when you've just put the hard yards into completing the last year. And there is no break.

That would lead to some major lack of motivation.

I guess you need to just take this weekend, treat it as a complete break from everything, renew, don't do school work (despite any due dates) and get your head in a good place to slog it out for the last few weeks until the real holidays.

Good luck.

xMrRand0m

HSC
Joga Bonito said:
yes yes! exact same situation with me! >_> i just can't wait for the holidays and till these assessments are over... hopefully i'm able to motivate myself again to try and pwn the hsc.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
youngminii said:
Technically some people in Singapore? And a few other countries are taking the HSC, as in they're doing the exact same syllabus and stuff as we are. So theoretically, they COULD be on this site

But no, they're not. So yes, everyone in this site is in australia

Oh yeah, my motivation is still to beat everyone. Simple yet great
I've seen a few of the HK HSC students here. Plus, you're bound to get some international students here, as well as some Aussie students who are overseas...

treelover

HSC
Hey guys!!

have any of u done a chem prac exam FOR PRODUCTION OF MATERIALS??? coz i have it...& have no idea how 2 study for it!...can u guys pls help me out...can u ask any HSC students who have just finished or tell me the type of questions that would come if any of yous have done it???

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!....ITS A skills and prac test...so interpreting graphs etc...but what other types of questions do u think might come??

PLEASEEEEE HELP ME OUT..

thanks guys!

ghjklel

HSC
I admit that motivation can be quite a hurdle, but think about where you want to be in a year from now.

Do you want to be dreading your results because you know for the past year you didnt try your hardest? Or do you want to be proud of your results and eager to get your marks back to see how well you went?

Look at university courses or just simply have a UAI in mind.
Put that number somewhere visable, preferably near where you work, and so everytime you feel like you can't be bothered you will decide how hard you really do need to work to reach that aim.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I for some reason have no problem being motivated. I studied like a bitch for my yearlies and came back and pounced on my assessments. I kept up to date with everyone, finished assessments before deadlines. Possibly because these rounds are so easy and only worth 10-15%. I.E. Maths is only 2 topics, compared to 8 we did for the yearly.

I also finished IPT so I have much less of a workload (8 units). This means I was studying like a bastard for the first 3 weeks, so I suppose I couldn't get a break.

xMrRand0m

HSC
ghjklel said:
I admit that motivation can be quite a hurdle, but think about where you want to be in a year from now.

Do you want to be dreading your results because you know for the past year you didnt try your hardest? Or do you want to be proud of your results and eager to get your marks back to see how well you went?

Look at university courses or just simply have a UAI in mind.
Put that number somewhere visable, preferably near where you work, and so everytime you feel like you can't be bothered you will decide how hard you really do need to work to reach that aim.
I'll try that, though I've seen a few who stick up UAI's like 99.75 or something and end up getting in the 50's :uhoh:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
treelover said:
Hey guys!!

have any of u done a chem prac exam FOR PRODUCTION OF MATERIALS??? coz i have it...& have no idea how 2 study for it!...can u guys pls help me out...can u ask any HSC students who have just finished or tell me the type of questions that would come if any of yous have done it???

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!....ITS A skills and prac test...so interpreting graphs etc...but what other types of questions do u think might come??

PLEASEEEEE HELP ME OUT..

thanks guys!
It could be on:

1. Comparing the reactivities of alkanes and alkenes with bromine water (e.g. Cyclohexane and Cyclohexene).
2. Comparing the heats of three different alkanols. (Make sure you know how to calculate the heat of combustion of ethanol C2H5OH). It's 1367J if I recall...Don't quote me on this.
3. Carrying out the fermentation of glucose (C6H12O6) with the monitoring of mass changes.
4. Galvanic cell.
5. Measuring the potential of different combinations of metals in an electrolyte solution.

ghjklel said:

This is exactly my motivation :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)