Lady GaGa's new single. (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
"Born This Way"

What do you guys think of it?

I was reluctant at first, but after listening to it a few times, it grew on me lol.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I rate it close to Love Game. A... decent song, but not up there with her best work - which are songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, Paparazzi or Telephone.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

For those who haven't seen/heard it.

It's a decent track. There are elements of 80's synthpop, particular the Pet Shop Boys, in there as well, which is pretty cool. However, it's strayed a bit from her original electropop sound, to something almost R&B based. Which I'm not a fan of in most cases.

There are bits and pieces in there, which if extrapolated, will make for a very good next album.

Also it reminded me of David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
She came out of an egg... definitely born that way - an alien for sure. hah

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Never really got this whole Lady GaGa business. She seems like a famous junky.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
She seems like a famous junky.
I wouldn't say that really. It's more about creating an image and a brand. It's simply good business.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I like some of her songs because there hasn't been that many crisp sounding boppy pop songs around in the last couple of years. But this ones a bit too feel good black woman music for me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What's with all the feel good songs nowadays anyway? Firework by Katy Perry, whatever that song is by Pink and now this one.

What songs we need more of are like Cee-Lo Green's "Forget You", now there's a song with emotion and passion in it!

HSC
"Born This Way"

What do you guys think of it?

I was reluctant at first, but after listening to it a few times, it grew on me lol.
Yeah this. It helped to watch the Grammy performance of it as well.

Tbh I usually like her video clips more than her songs (or rather, watching the video clips obsessively makes me like the songs), so I'm waiting for that to come out.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah this. It helped to watch the Grammy performance of it as well.

Tbh I usually like her video clips more than her songs (or rather, watching the video clips obsessively makes me like the songs), so I'm waiting for that to come out.

Thats kinda creepy.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But I don't get how it's working, I mean come on, a dress made out of meat, wtf?
It was a memorable experience. Hence it works from a marketing perspective.

When you look it it though, a meat dress isn't all that out there. You look at any of the big image based artists e.g. Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, David Bowie etc. and they've been doing essentially the same sort of thing for decades.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Not one of her best moments considering how much hype was surrounding it, making everyone raise their expectations unrealisatically (not to mention she wrote that whole song in only 10 minutes). Reminds me too much of Madonna's 'Express Yourself'. Also, her performance at the Grammys was quite tame compared to what she usually does (minus the egg).

What's with all the feel good songs nowadays anyway? Firework by Katy Perry, whatever that song is by Pink and now this one.
Their follow up singles are much darker e.g. Katy Perry - E.T., Pink - Perfect

HSC
gaga>katy>pink

firework was the most rubbish song i had ever heard, until i heard ET- futuristic lover and then i was like wtf

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
her voice cracks so bad in firework and thats after editing.

HSC
like dam gurl with some airbrushing and fucktonnes of make-up you fine as hell and u a slut (which is A++ imo) but you cannot sing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)