lagging bench (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
dumbells are suppose to be more even as in work each pectorial equally, when using the barbell some people are known to do more of the work with one pectorial
this,

my left pec is slightly bigger :$

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, then it's probably better to use dumbells. that way you're forced to use your muscle on exactly 20kg or whatever amount of weight.

Zozo6969

HSC
need to be doing both dumbells and barbells when training chest as they use slightly different muscle groups, dumbells require greater balance hence why arent able to lift as much with them.

also, dont do the exact same chest routine every week. if u are doing flat bench then do incline dumbells and vice versa etc. incline is also very important as it focuses a bit more on ur delts which aid ur flat bench as well.

should aim for 4 sets on each routine, preferrably with another set for warmup on something light. mix it up by doing pyramid sets, drop sets and super sets as well.

try one-armed dumbell presses as well. u wont be able to lift as much, but u will not only do ur core but give ur entire chest a workout in trying to balance it. chest press machines also help as u can go heavier on them and even just do negatives to get more time under tension of ur chest.

flies should be done as well but make sure u dont rip ur shoulder out. cables should also be done from either above shoulder height, at or below. use the bench as well at flat or on an incline with the cables to do flies as well. pushups between sets also helps.

Tim035

HSC
You could throw in some sets of closed grip bench to make sure it isn't your triceps that are lagging, I'd also revise your form (even if just through some youtube vids).

I'm not really a fan of doing super sets or drop sets to increase strength, as other posters have said, bring your rep range right down so you are targeting strength over hypertrophy (5-7 reps).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)