Lance Armstrong to be stripped of titles (2 Viewers)

halapenyo

HSC
i think deep down inside, everybody knew he was cheating the whole time
maybe you did but i dunno because of his massive charity work i could never believe he cheated when he won those 7 titles.
also i assumed in a sport like cycling with a massive history of doping, they would pay close attention to a guy who won 7 TDFs in a row.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
ofc armstrong was on drugs. the only thing that was holding him and the people around him from revealing it was his charity and his image in the US as some hero thing.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Sucks.

I love Armstrong, not sure I can bring myself to believe that he doped (sure there was always doubt because he one 7 in a row). But him not willing to fight it is odd.

enoilgam

HSC
Sucks.

I love Armstrong, not sure I can bring myself to believe that he doped (sure there was always doubt because he one 7 in a row). But him not willing to fight it is odd.
I'm the same, part of me wants to believe him, but realistically if you were innocent, wouldnt you fight like crazy to defend your reputation and achievements.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
I'm the same, part of me wants to believe him, but realistically if you were innocent, wouldnt you fight like crazy to defend your reputation and achievements.
maybe he knew he was fighting a battle that he would lose. and this was the only way of preserving some credibility

Amunoruk

HSC
I believe he fought with USADA for years, and they simply would not stop until they won or something. He's passed every drug test throughout his career, and he gets stripped of his titles? I'm not taking sides, but it really is sad.

ahdil33

HSC
Never failed a drug test, never tested positive.

Honestly, I believe he just had enough. It would take ridiculous amounts of time and money to keep up with the lawsuits they had on him.

Like he said, it doesn't matter that it's not 'recognised' officially. He, his team, and the people he raced all knew he won fair and square, and so should the world.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
Never failed a drug test, never tested positive.

Honestly, I believe he just had enough. It would take ridiculous amounts of time and money to keep up with the lawsuits they had on him.

Like he said, it doesn't matter that it's not 'recognised' officially. He, his team, and the people he raced all knew he won fair and square, and so should the world.
from a cyclist perspective myself. i find this impossible to believe. if you look at that photo above, these people dont just get on the juice and instantly win the tour de france. they train copious amounts for it, and know their bodies inside out. the drugs just give them that extra boost and consistency to win. and for someone to come along and beat numerous drug cheats and win seven times without fault, its just unfathomable. i just cant believe that such a 'super human' exists. in saying that, i respect what he has done with cancer and all that, but idk i am too sceptical.

also, public opinion in france, which is like the centre of all this, is completely different from what i am reading, and what i have heard in australia. so just take into account there may be other perspectives to this and it isnt so clear cut.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
and for someone to come along and beat numerous drug cheats and win seven times without fault, its just unfathomable. i just cant believe that such a 'super human' exists.
What about usain bolt, he's natty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)