• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Laptops: DO's & DONT'S (2 Viewers)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
hey guys?

this may be news to you, but videos dont come in .exe files

just sayin

HSC
winndoes_vista_setup.exe really shouldn't be 200kb either

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i think wat he means is that its obvious u shouldnt carry expensive stuff around after 6pm especially on public transport which is why he went wats up with this rule.
I always do, at 6pm on the train, i have ipod in ears and i am typing away on my lappy

aussie-boy

HSC
There's no feedback or comment sections on any downloads, so limewire fails. goodbye.
why do you need feedback? you can tell every single thing about the file before you download just by looking at size, format, title, how many users - even the syntax of the title

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC
Limewire really isnt that bad. As long as you aren't dumb, you can't get a virus...

If you want a music file, don't download unless its MP3 and its in the 3-10MB range

for videos, mpeg/wmv and at least a few megabytes

only download if there are multiple sources

If you cant play the file in limewire/its corrupted, dont open it outside of limewire (probs a virus)
i understand this, i know limewire is a good thing to get songs off. but in my past expearences with limewire, right after setup computer has a slow start ( i also do understand that this can be fixed) but with image files, no cd patches, patches and other files includeing large .zip, .rar and .ace files you can put other junk to rase the file size and also add a heap of bad things in there to. and before its to late you have a issue on your hand before you know what was actually in those nice files.

if people did not put crap up on limewire it would be good. but unfortunatly there are dicks that do.

therefore i label limewire as a no go zone for me.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol at ppl who use torrents instead of google searching [bandname] blogspot and getting the megaupload/rapidshare upload of the album.

lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lol at ppl who use torrents instead of google searching [bandname] blogspot and getting the megaupload/rapidshare upload of the album.

lol
You pay for rapidshare? You don't download anything other than music? You only listen to shit that's on blogspot?

HSC

lol
and how many times have you re-downloaded albums because you couldnt find the password?

(max 3 times for me lol)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You pay for rapidshare? You don't download anything other than music? You only listen to shit that's on blogspot?
i listen to death metal, everything i want is uploaded from blogspot.
I also download full games and movies, off a forum-type site where ppl upload games/movies/pc apps via rapidshare/megaupload.
I dont pay for rapidshit, i normally opt for megaupload links since they're faster and u have a higher download quota as a non-premium member than rapidshit.
and how many times have you re-downloaded albums because you couldnt find the password?

(max 3 times for me lol)
none, once i forgot the password, i looked up the site i downloaded from, and password was there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)