laptops (1 Viewer)

HSC
r laptops gona b just for yr 9 or r higher years gona get them as well

everyone is sayin somethin different, does anyone no for sure

Plodygon

HSC
From what I've gatherered from my teachers, year 9 are getting them first, and then I think year 10 and maybe year 11. Though, to tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure myself. You should ask one of your teachers or go on the government website to be sure.

Sorry, not really helping, am I?:confused:

samthebear

HSC
only year nines get laptops. sorry to everyone who is in year 10 to 12 this year. none of those years will ever recieve a laptop.
that means, year 10 class of 2009 will not have a laptop for their senior years. and everyone who is in the year 9 class of 2009 will get one. every other year after this year will also get a laptop.

samthebear

HSC
this i'm not sure - b/c i go to a catholic school, we get macs not dells. so i dont know if its the same in public schools too.

lol. it is cheaper - considering one mac laptop that a year nine student has posession of in my school cost the CEO 900 bucks perpiece. and they (year nines) get to keep em too >.> cant believe those lil'-shi...s get to keep a mac laptop which they didnt have to pay a cent for :burn:

inhinyero

HSC
Wow! Great!! Here in our country macs are very expensive, only those who have the money can buy and yet in sydney year nine studes are given macs for free, really great!! .. so how much does apple macbooks cost in sydney???

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
At my school. Year 9's are getting their laptops next term. Everyone above will not get a laptop. All teachers receive their laptops too.

Staseycat

The last of her kind.
HSC
At my school, we get 2 lots of laptops, seeing as we have 2 campuses.
One lot goes to year 9's to keep, and the other one is going to go to years 10,11 or 12, (the principal gets to schoose whom to give them to out of those years). However, those ones we will have to give back at the end of school. ( I got to play around with a couple - soooo cool)

I'm not sure if it helped anyone, but i'm just telling about how they do it at my school (BWSC)

disFUNKshunal

HSC
The government is giving Yr 9's Lenovo laptops at our school in Term 3 and then each year, and it works out somehow so that by 2013 or something, every secondary student will have a laptop.

The laptops are a bad idea for teachers:
1. They can't see anything on that tiny screen.
2. They will find it hard to type on the small keyboard and use mousepad.

If you dropout of high school before completing Year 12, you have to return the laptop. But if you complete the HSC, then you get to keep it forever.

If you can't tell, I'm not a big fan of this initiative by the government. The laptops will be out of date by the time these kids are seniors and will become useless after 6 months and technology advances. I mean, is the government going to give newer, better laptops each year as they hand them out? And how long is this going to last for? Until we move onto another Prime Minister or will it just go on forever?

Sigh, anyway, Year 11 2009 deserve to recieve it, I mean, they are being handed out in Term 3. When Year 11 is finishing and they're moving onto the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)