Laser therapy (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
Does anyone know someone that has had this and been successful with it? I get the whole 'science' side to it...what they do to you...but i haven't ever heard of a person who has had it done. My sister is contemplating it and I am somewhat apprehensive. Any info would be good!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
purplemonkey said:
Does anyone know someone that has had this and been successful with it? I get the whole 'science' side to it...what they do to you...but i haven't ever heard of a person who has had it done. My sister is contemplating it and I am somewhat apprehensive. Any info would be good!
er do you mean laser hair removal? because i got my underarms done and am halfway through getting my bikini done.

it's awesome.

almost painless and completely permanent.

i only needed 2 visits at $75 each and i am DONE with armpit and bikini hair FOREVER!

(i want to get my legs done but they are blonde and the laser doesnt work well on blonde hair.)

NinjaSauce

HSC
Wow...

I thought you were talking about laser eye surgery, but Laser weight loss?

You (or her) Serious? Damn it, everyone wants a quick fix these days... assuming that it, which it wont, 'works'.

... Let me google it...
Most people who come for the laser treatments for weight losshave been given diets and exercise regimens before. They may have knowledge of what they should and shouldn't eat, but they feel depressed or irritable when they try to stay on a diet.
So, by using this, you basically admit to having no will power?

The natural weight loss laser treatment should relieve such problems and improve will-power.
I don't see this IMPROVING will power. Looks like a cop out for weak-minded people.

Applying the laser to various points on the body can facilitate weight loss by giving the person a feeling of well being.
The laser stimulates your metabolism and thereby enables your body to use food efficiently instead of storing it as fat.
So, it 'improves' metabolism. Doesn't remove fat or anything. Merely stimulates mtabolism... I know a really cheap and easy way to do that. MOVE.

Tell her to put down the fork, go for a run, or pick up a barbell. Will do a hell of a lot more than any 'metabolism stimulating laser'.

I am seriously getting worried with the western world's incapacity take responsibility or do what needs to be done.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
AlleyCat said:
er do you mean laser hair removal? because i got my underarms done and am halfway through getting my bikini done.

it's awesome.

almost painless and completely permanent.

i only needed 2 visits at $75 each and i am DONE with armpit and bikini hair FOREVER!

(i want to get my legs done but they are blonde and the laser doesnt work well on blonde hair.)

wow are you that hairy?

does your bf call you teddy bear by any chance?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i love how many forms of 'laser therapy' there are:
hair removal
weight loss
eye surgery
skin-'fixing' - acne scars, spider veins, micro-dermabrasion, wrinkles, skin tightening, scars/stretch marks, celulutie treatment, pigmentation, birth marks
stopping smoking
tattoo removal
etc

rozymisty

HSC
I have never heard of weight loss laser 'surgery'. Just go on the pills that speed up your metabolism.

There was an interesting show the other night at like 11pm, called (insert name) and (name) bullshit, and it was about the weight loss industry and how they are full of shit. THey had people promoting their like ab swings etc and then admitting you dont get to thin in a short amount of time. Quite an amusing. And its like duh you wont get that thin that quick, it takes time and you cant lose the fat in particular areas.

Im thinking of getting laser eye surgery. Found out today my consult apt was today but i forgot, so Im going on Wednesday. I dont know if I can get both eyes done coz of my retinal detachment. Plus you get nothing back from Medicare or MBF as its 'cosmetic'. hm well for me it wouldnt be, coz i cant read signs etc that are like 4m away from me at times!

CieL

HSC
Unless you are totally obese and can't get off your fat ass to exercise, contemplate it.

However, if you can move, please exercise and get that heart pumping instead of looking for eternal quick fixes.

rozymisty said:
Im thinking of getting laser eye surgery.
My optometrist was telling me random shit a couple of weeks ago. Some study on people who have had Lasik.. the follow up was that the cornea or whatever outer flap they cut a circle, it never heals completely.. and that it can get "bumped out"..
It applies to people who have done this procedure recently and those who have done it years ago.
I dont know how many people were sampled, and all the intricate details.. but yeah, just thought I'd let you know too.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol placebo effect.

That is honestly ALL it is - the 'laser' treatment for smoking and weight loss, anyway.

NinjaSauce

HSC
CieL said:
My optometrist was telling me random shit a couple of weeks ago. Some study on people who have had Lasik.. the follow up was that the cornea or whatever outer flap they cut a circle, it never heals completely.. and that it can get "bumped out"..
It applies to people who have done this procedure recently and those who have done it years ago.
I dont know how many people were sampled, and all the intricate details.. but yeah, just thought I'd let you know too.
I don't believe modern lasik requires any cutting whatsoever. Am i wrong?

At work were we have the same ads repeating on the radio all the time, a recurring one is a laser eye surgery place, and they mention "new system" with no cutting of the eye envolved.

?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh ... laser surgery is a load of crap for weight loss :p.. actualli no i take that back.. it will make ure wallet lighter :)
the science behind is all theory and that sounds lik crap too... there is no evidence about its efficacy..
Basically: Verdict.. BS in terms of science :D

about the eye thing..
1/its because optometrist have a vested interest in you gettin new glasses and not getting fixed
2/it is a relatively new treatment and is not suitable for everyone.
3/complications do occur with any medical procedure and LASIK is no exception.. however all trained health practitioners should have considered a risk-benefit analysis for all procedures they are attempting..

CieL

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
I don't believe modern lasik requires any cutting whatsoever. Am i wrong?
I dont know about the newest procedures..
But from what I have studied, they cut nearly a full circle of the cornea around the iris.. leaving only a hinge..
Maybe theres something newer im: not aware of

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
3-6% of patients have significant lasting complications with laser eye surgery. You may end up with worse vision than you could imagine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)