last.fm vs grooveshark (1 Viewer)

chevlr

HSC
hey, which one do you think is better? I've tried using last.fm but then i got hit with a $3 a month subscription fee so pfft no way. ive started using grooveshark and it's really good - you get to search for songs instead of being forced to radio, though it's recommendations aren't as good as last.fm.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've never had the subscription fee with lastfm. What did you try and do?

chevlr

HSC
I've never had the subscription fee with lastfm. What did you try and do?
i signed up for an account, and then after thirty songs on their radio they said i had to subscribe and pay $3 a month. i asked my friend about it, but he didnt really give me an answer...

Arctopus

HSC
last.fm is free and always has been. You might've tried to sign-up for something and taken it as a membership fee.

chevlr

HSC
last.fm is free and always has been.
i just went onto the website and it says "your free trial of last.fm radio has now ended. To keep listening to non-stop, personalised radio, subscribe for only $3.00/month". I don't know, maybe i signed up wrong, but it doesnt matter cos i just use grooveshark - don't have to bother.

brenx712

HSC
Last.FM for is when you listen to songs on your computer/ipod and want to be recommended with new music.

Grooveshark for is when you want to listen to new songs online without having to download/buy them to put on your computer/ipod.

Both serve different purposes. If you want to get some new songs that are similar to the songs you listen to now, and want to track your listening history, then use Last.FM

If you want to listen to new songs by searching them up (and get recommended with similar artists, but I must say Grooveshark Radio sucks), then use Grooveshark.

Both have its sepearte purposes.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Personally, I just download first, listen later. I barely ever listen to something before getting a copy of it, unless that's the reason it's being downloaded.

occer

HSC
N/A
Who the hell uses last.fm for the radio?

occer

HSC
N/A
Don't know what you're on about then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)