last min change pref advice...uts/maq (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Jerruy said:
Whoever told you that is simply ignorant...as are you for believing it.

Business faculties are best recognised in order:

1. USyd
2. UNSW All of these 3 require UAIs above 91.00!
3. UTS (although many argue this is the best...i can't see how)

Daylight

4. Macq who has a uai of 83 to gain entry...
Who the hell says UTS is the best?

Anyway, williamc is right, uai doesnt really have shit to do with the quality of the course. While that list might be correct, i wouldnt say theres daylight between UTS and MQ, there probably par.

Jerruy

HSC
apparently uts degrees are accredited by some organisation.. i dunno

U syd is far and away the best

X

xeuyrawp

Musk said:
I got told staff morale is low and something about the sacking of a student organisation
Who the hell says 'morale' anymore, except military commanders? I think all the decent staff are fine, mate. Any staff who are worried should be worried, because he's doing a great job at cleaning out the cobwebs.

With regards to the student organisation, if you actually paid attention to the news (it's called a newspaper, hunny, maybe pick one up, it was in papers on and off for about two weeks straight...), you'd know that the corrupt student organisation was an issue which he helped in fixing when he came to the uni. The previous VC was incompetent -- she didn't deal with the corrupt union/representation issue -- and the current VC did a great job cleaning up after her mess.

You're not getting confused with the last VC are you? :)

edit:
Jerruy said:
Whoever told you that is simply ignorant...as are you for believing it.

4. Macq who has a uai of 83 to gain entry...
a) You mean Macquarie, which has a UAI entry requirement of 83... I think we learnt the difference between people and things in, what, junior school?
b) Combined Macquarie law hasn't got a requirement of 83. It had a 2008 CSP entry mark of 95, and a DFEE entry mark of 93. Whoever told you that is simply ignorant, as are you for believing it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
kelsinator said:
hey, im doing bus/law at macquarie and it wasn't fighting over the uni after sydney or UNSW.
i could have gone to SYD or UNSW, but macquarie impressed me much on the open day and other dealings with them. Sydney seemed to take on an ethos of 'we can't be bothered marketing to you, because people will come here anyway' whereas Mac showed genuine enthusiasm to assist its high achievers. Besides, my cadetship with a highly regarded company told me UNSW is regarded as best, then SYD and MAC on par, then UTS. They were very pleased with my decision to take an offer at Mac, even with my higher UAI.
Welcome on board, and yay for promotion!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Lol. You do realise that it's USYD next to 1. and not UTS right?
Clearly but on his post in brackets he states next to UTS that some people call UTS the best, which is what i was referring to.

I

Impulse

williamc said:
rof rof.

You are a fucking idiot. UAI has no correlation with the "best" university to do that course.

She is telling you from someone within the industry. People will have different opinons.
How can you treat others like this?

EDIT:
*Equips self with williamc silhouette pack*
Worst pack so far from the worst person currently around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan11

HSC
-pari- said:
1) i have a UTS offer which i've accepted but i want to try for macquarie as well, but am unsure if i would accept macquarie.

if i change macquarie prefernce so that it is placed above uts, will my uts offer get cancelled?

and the degree i'm looking at is com/law - can anyone give me any heads up on which of the two uni's are considered better, and if there's much of a difference - and the pro/cons of attending either...?

TBH you should do whats the most easy for you, because both degrees will give you the same qualification, although if you want to do actuarial studies u need to go to macq or hope to transfer to unsw. no act anywhere else im fair sure. apart from that, the qualifications are equal and your choice should be based on what's convinient, to an extent where ur friends are going, and what feels right to you.

Tabris

HSC
no offence Jerruy, but i doubt your qualified to say which institution is better (you just graduated from HS! and havent experienced uni life yet!). No one here can give u a comprehensive answer since no one on BoS have experienced studying at both institutions. Theres just lots of hearsay and rumors.

Reputation is one thing, but in the end, its the student and their performance rather than the research/teaching performance of the institution that determines success.

As for Macq's VC, Schwartz (from what i have read and i may be wrong) seems to follow Austrian/chicago school economics and managerialism (von Hayek etc.). He stresses acountability and transparency of the institution as well as other things promoting organisational efficiency in the course in improving free-market competitiveness.

Some of the posters here have no idea about whats happening at Macq.

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
William, you just graduated from high school last year. You lost the plot and misunderstood Asylum's post and mine one.

williamc

HSC
Tabris said:
William, you just graduated from high school last year. You lost the plot and misunderstood Asylum's post and mine one.
good one. k that makes sense.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
lol @ uni students/graduates thinking they're so wise.

williamc

HSC
Musk said:
lol @ business students

Bah recession comes in you all are fucked
lol @ engineering students.

Bah china floats their dollar and go into recession and mining boom subsidies you are all fucked.

(no there isnt any other forms of engineering)

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
Musk said:
China has to give up commumism for them to float their dollar

Fuck first yrs are getting more stupid, btw william didnt you say ur gonna go to usyd and die if u dont go to usyd?
lol reallllly.

i know you are egyptian.

i know your msn.

no i originally wanted to go to usyd.

But double degree over single degree plus convience of it being close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)