• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Last minute preparing for english? then read this! (1 Viewer)

rhys100

Violinkid
HSC
Everyone who wants help with english or to discuss responses come on msn into a chat room, add me on msn rhys100@gmail.com and I'll invite you into the LARGE room of unprepared people for monday :)

Kate36

HSC
im so screwed.
is anyone else stressing out?
i don't know how im going to sit these exams next week..
wayyy too much pressure!
let it be over!!!!!!!!

rhys100

Violinkid
HSC
for section 3 of paper 1, the questions states "refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet,
Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing."

my teacher wants us to use 2 realted though......

Jehnaier

HSC
Sometimes they ask to refer to related texts, and because it's plural they expect you to discuss more than one. So it's good to know two.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hey is it for sure that its only going to be 'ONE other related text' ?

I mean, that's probably what it'll be right? Because that's what the HSC marker's notes said works best, and that's how CSSA TRIALS have been doing it the past few years, right?

so it'll only be ONE other, right???????????????????????????????????????

Sooj

HSC
Referring to 1 of your core text, 1 BoS stimulus, and 1 related text. One. One. But it's good to have two for your HSC.

Remember, your supplementary text is literally there to "supplement" you, so you should be writing 2/3 Core and BoS, 1/3 Supplementary text.

I advise you to make dot points and memorize them, writing an essay now would be too late for you to memorize it, if your test is on tomorrow.

Just so you know, I had my Advanced English test and I screwed it pretty hard, only because I tried to write 4 essays in one night, haha.

EDIT: Keep in mind that even if you DO fuck up Advanced (maybe 50%~70%?) you can still make it up for it with other subjects if you get +band5 marks for them.

@Magpam: The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay is a really good supplementary material, but since it's a pretty thick novel you might want to skip that and find yourself a comic by Leunig or even a poem. You could use Robert Frost poems if you're desperate.

Last edited:
Dural... DO NOT CALL IT THE STICKS!! I DON'T OWN S
HSC
rhys100 said:
Everyone who wants help with english or to discuss responses come on msn into a chat room, add me on msn rhys100@gmail.com and I'll invite you into the LARGE room of unprepared people for monday :)
Since he has gone offline for a while until l8r tonight, please add me instead and I will invite you into the convo, its pretty useful actually. anyways, here's my addy: rip_magic@hotmail.com

C4Shadow

HSC
SquirrelsRabbit said:
Since he has gone offline for a while until l8r tonight, please add me instead and I will invite you into the convo, its pretty useful actually. anyways, here's my addy: rip_magic@hotmail.com

Heres my email which you can add just incase SquirrelsRabbit goes offline and i will invite you into the convo. (I will most likely be online all day)
Krazy_Kid31@hotmail.com

beentherdunthat

HSC
Hey Is one poem one supplementaryy????? My teacher INSISTS that two poems = one supplementary!!

zingerburger

HSC
I suppose it depends on the length of the poem and how many techniques you can draw out of the poem. But I generally think one poem is enough.

wazza200

HSC
I really regret going out last night.
Im wondering if theres anyone else in my boat who went out on the w/e when they probably should have been studying for trials? Seriously one night of drinking has reuined two days of study and im really regreting it.

rhys100

Violinkid
HSC
chat back up boys and girls :)
we have over 12-15 people chatting away about study... :)

h8hsc

HSC
OMG....

I'm so screwed... I've only been studying one related text and i dont have another one !!!

Its wayyyy to late for me to memorise another one, so i guess im screwed baddly..

collide

HSC
h8hsc said:
OMG....

I'm so screwed... I've only been studying one related text and i dont have another one !!!

Its wayyyy to late for me to memorise another one, so i guess im screwed baddly..
No it is not too late! lol. you can always sacrifice some sleep.. which is probably a bad idea.. but better than nothing? Don't we only need one related for AOS anyway?

h8hsc

HSC
collide said:
No it is not too late! lol. you can always sacrifice some sleep.. which is probably a bad idea.. but better than nothing? Don't we only need one related for AOS anyway?
Well its recommended by nearly EVERYONE to have 2 related texts !!!
But thanks for being so optimistic =]

collide

HSC
Ironic that I posted about sacrificing some sleep.. I probably had < 1 hr sleep due to insomnia. I feel fucked and my head feels like it's gonna explode :(

Good luck guys.

lukaso

HSC
wazza200 said:
I really regret going out last night.
Im wondering if theres anyone else in my boat who went out on the w/e when they probably should have been studying for trials? Seriously one night of drinking has reuined two days of study and im really regreting it.
ahhahah. man dont regret it. Its all good if you had fun that night. Just dont drink when you need to srudy in the future. its not the end of the world man. cheer up. goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)