Last movie you watched? And what you thought of it? (1 Viewer)

DLMisme

HSC
Frozen. My little sisters made me watch it with them and it was better than I expected, I really liked it haha

Tasteless

HSC
Pride and Prejudice, I liked it but they could have spent an extra 15 mins or so and done it properly (less rushed) and actually showed Mr Darcy's manners improve like in the book and have the relationship come across less one dimensional and shallow (as much as the story will allow, which granted isn't much and imo ruins an otherwise great story).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Saw.

I remember my friend raving about it waaaaaaay back in 2005. It was alright, not as gory as I thought it would be. Interesting movie.

Alias

HSC
A few that I will quickly mention:

Max Payne - Not nearly as bad as everyone said it was. I am a fan of the Rockstar Games series and the movie and although the film's plot strayed considerably from the original subject matter, it was still a great movie with a "noire" atmosphere to it.

Jonah Hex - Being a fan of DC Comics and what I have seen of Jonah Hex, I was interested to watch the movie. I can slightly see where the critics are coming from as there isn't really a clear plot, but it's a good popcorn flick.

Babylon A.D - Extremely generic action movie that plays it safe with Vin Diesel as the lead and typical action scenes you would expect.

Looper - Really enjoyed this movie, but it was completely different to how they marketed it. The movie completely changes pace about halfway through but still highly recommended.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Les Miserables - so, so much hype

second half was pretty good, when the songs became soliloquys and not just songs for the sake of having a musical number

Alias

HSC
Les Miserables - so, so much hype

second half was pretty good, when the songs became soliloquys and not just songs for the sake of having a musical number
Watch the Honest Trailer for the movie on YouTube. A lot of your concerns about the movie will be addressed in it haha.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I watched Her and it really reminded me of Lost in Translation with the discussion of the limitations of technology. I don't think it deserves so much critical acclaim though but I did think the cinematography was quite beautiful.

Alias

HSC
I watched Her and it really reminded me of Lost in Translation with the discussion of the limitations of technology. I don't think it deserves so much critical acclaim though but I did think the cinematography was quite beautiful.
I have been meaning to see that. I really enjoyed Lost In Translation after watching it for Extension I, but that's another story. It looks like an excellent premise. Perhaps they seemed similar because Scarlett Johansson is the voice of the phone or whatever it is in the movie.

Alias

HSC
Her - Pretty good movie, but really emotionally draining. Pretty good concept, but it has been done before (Like that 2002 movie "Simone") so I don't understand why people were calling it "original". Still worth a watch though.

Source Code - I wasn't immediately drawn in, but the ending is so mind-boggling that this is definitely worth a watch.

Chubbeh

HSC
You're Next - loved the action and gore in it. The movie was straightforward, which was different compared to past movies I've watched (which had endings up for interpretation and such).

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw Frozen in cinemas by myself and there were all these little kids and it was great! Lots of singing and I liked the idea of subverting expectations on what "true love" is or what it can be other than the stereotypical "true love's kiss". And Olaf was so cute! It's similar to Tangled in style but I prefer Frozen - it made me laugh more.

gwilymprice

HSC
I saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty today and really enjoyed it! Pretty gentle/inspiring film with soft humour, I recommend it :)

Alias

HSC
I saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty today and really enjoyed it! Pretty gentle/inspiring film with soft humour, I recommend it :)
I have said it before and I will say it again, this is simply one of, if not the best, movie of 2013/14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)