Last movie you've seen? (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
walrusbear said:
and also goodfellas (somehow)
only seen goodfellas once, and i thought it was ok, but not great. miller's crossing is easily my choice for greatest gangster film

walrusbear

HSC
my friend says that too

it's a no brainer for me. goodfellas is probably my overall favourite film, let alone gangster flims.

katy-g

HSC
Last movie i watched at the cinema = V for Vendetta

On DVD = Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

*Lozzie*

HSC
The last movie on DVD i saw was Wimbolden love that movie:)
Last one i saw at the movies was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
walrusbear said:
my friend says that too

it's a no brainer for me. goodfellas is probably my overall favourite film, let alone gangster flims.
seen miller's crossing?

icecreamdisco

HSC
once upon a time in america is probably my fave gangster movie... at least the one that goes beyond the genre the most.

ten (abbas kiarostami, 2002) - 8 - a thoroughly compelling film, given the conceit - it's made up of ten long conversations in a car between a woman and several regular passengers, and most shots are fixated on only one of the people involved. i could care less about women's rights in iran, which what the film film deals with (although the clautrophobic, austere style effectively heightens the theme of oppression), but the thoughtfulness and utter lack of compromise won me over.

bad boy bubby (Rolf De Heer, 1993) - 9.5 - how did it take me so long to finally see this? such an effortlessly fucked up film, yet with such a strong emotional pull. too many classic scenes to mention.

masculin/feminin (Jean-Luc Godard, 1966) - 8 - the first of godard's 'film as essay' works; vastly more entertaining that two or three things i know about her, but never quite reaching the anarchic heights of weekend. still, thoroughly intriguing and surprisingly coherent.

the weather man (Gore Verbinski, 2005) - 7 - it's not particularly entertaining or rewarding, but it has something about it. not authenticity, or originality, but something. the 'x' factor, if you will. it's been two weeks since i saw it, and i still remember it vividly, so that's saying something.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. I also hated Goodfellas the first time I saw it, I think it's because seeing good movies with a bunch of friends tends to undermine my enjoyment somewhat.

I liked Raging Bull a lot more than Goodfellas, King of Comedy too.

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Benny_ said:
Hmm.. I also hated Goodfellas the first time I saw it, I think it's because seeing good movies with a bunch of friends tends to undermine my enjoyment somewhat.
That is so true.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
walrusbear said:
yes, of course
miller's crossing is fabulous
it just sounded like you hadn't from the way you were talking about it. glad we've got that sorted

katy-g

HSC
I watched Grease with my girlfriends after our dance exam today... that was fun...

nwatts

HSC
Watched The Guns of Navarone today with a friend for her english class. It was surprisingly entertaining, with ample action, adventure and comedy. For a 60s flick that runs for two and a half hours, it wasn't bad. :)

helsie

HSC
i saw "When A Stranger Calls" today. not the best scary movie, but if u make it fun its ok. like me and my friend had the whole cinema to ourselves so i was running around, touching the screen, climbing over chairs and making fun of the movie. so we had a good time.

the movie takes a while until you actually get to see the stalker/killer/freak thats after the girl. and the phone rang so many times during the movie it drove me nuts. the ending shows that there will probably be a sequal.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
She's the Man

Went last nite with my bestie her bf and a school friend

funniest movie ive seen in a long time, well since Just Like Heaven

the whole cinema could not stop laughing

i suggest you go watch it :)

Amanda Bynes is hilarious

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
I went and saw Shes The Man last night. I could not stop laughing during that neither could the rest of the cinema. It is definately a must see movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)