Late round offers 2009 question (interesting for some!) (1 Viewer)

uac.aplcnt

HSC
This is to all people who are applying for uni through UAC NSW.. or people that can help me out

As everybody might know right now:

- Late round change of preferences close next Tuesday on the 27th of January.
- Late round offers are e-released on the 4th of Feb 2009.
- The main round UAI cut offs are released for the year 2009.

However the question I wanted to asks about the late round only was (since I am a 2009 applicant through UAC):

If I want to re-order my preferences and add new courses to the 9 preferences list that I want to do this year, which UAI cut-offs do I use as a GUIDE for consideration in the late round of offers in 2009?

This?

A) http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2009_uai_coffs_main.pdf (Main round 09 - NEW)

Or EITHER ONE of these 2?

B) http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2008_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf (Main round 08)

C) http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2008_uai_coffs_csp_late.pdf (Late round 08)

Obviously I do know as well that you have to use the 2008 UAI cut offs in the main round (shown above) for the main round of offers in 2009, but what about the late round? *confused*

Last edited:

BigDk

HSC
if i was u i would WALK into UAC at homebush. or phone up speak to someone and do a credit card payment.

lionking1191

HSC
use late round 08 as a guide, but keep in mind that this list will show quite substancial variations as late rounds cut-offs fluctuate from year to year depending on the decisions people make in the main round

uac.aplcnt

HSC
use late round 08 as a guide, but keep in mind that this list will show quite substancial variations as late rounds cut-offs fluctuate from year to year depending on the decisions people make in the main round
Wouldn't we us the main round 09 as a guide as opposed to the late round 08?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You can't pay any money if you go to the admissions office, lol.

If I wanted to do a credit card payment then I would have to apply and put all my information again, also I would call them just to make sure if I'd make it that way or not..
Theres no difference to credit card and post office anyways, cause post office is just as quick as a credit card payment..except ccard is open 24/7 for payment =p

Last edited:

kangms

HSC
I say use the 09 Main Round. Put the ones that have V next to them. (i think u already know this...lol). If you pay the thing @ the post office, wouldn't that be transmitted to the Uac's thing straight away? (since it'll be electronically submitted). Well, that's onnly advice i can type. Good Luck mate, all the best

urahb

HSC
It says somewhere on the UAC site that for late round offers applications actually have to be in by the 23rd of jan? But to change preferences and stuff you get until the 27th....how long does it take for uac to receive the application...if it takes 6.5-7 working days....arent we all gonna have a problem :S? I put mine in on the 23rd of jan at around 7 30 (including paying and placing preferences)...does it mean my application wont be received?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
It says somewhere on the UAC site that for late round offers applications actually have to be in by the 23rd of jan? But to change preferences and stuff you get until the 27th....how long does it take for uac to receive the application...if it takes 6.5-7 working days....arent we all gonna have a problem :S? I put mine in on the 23rd of jan at around 7 30 (including paying and placing preferences)...does it mean my application wont be received?
Well yeah dude, if you payed on the 23rd of January then your application is sure going to be recieved from the admissions centre and that the uni's will consider your preferences before the late round offers are e-released.

Your app will be received yer bro

Last edited:

urahb

HSC
Well yeah dude, if you payed on the 23rd of January then your application is sure going to be recieved from the admissions centre and that the uni's will consider your preferences before the late round offers are e-released.

NO, lol..I said if I payed for the processing fee before 6.5-7 working days (I.e. Tommorow) would I still be able to be considered or be able to go into University if I payed tommorow. Because then I'll give UAC about 6.5 working days to process my application.

You app will be received yer bro

Lol thought so, never mind what i said then...had a sudden scare ...all good :)

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Grrr who banned me and reported me D=......
PwarYuex...I KILL YOOW..DUDE THIS THREAD WAS URGENT AND NOW ITS TOO LATEEE LOL, BUT ITS FINE..I rung my friend uac and they told me the answers so HAH to all those people who didn't wanna help

uac.aplcnt

HSC
and my preferences look positively allright, they all have vacancies..except one - hah!:headbang::music:

Last edited:

uac.aplcnt

HSC
no, main round cut-offs differ quite dramatically from late round ones. usually late round is higher
OK, I thought doing this one point at a time would be best. Yes, I know Main round cut offs differ quite dramatically (--> But only for high demand courses and stuff). However, UAI's depends on a number of factors as well and these are:

1. the number of places available in the course
  2. --> the number of applicants for the course and
  3. the quality of those applicants.
Source: Universities Admissions Centre (NSW & ACT) Applicants with secondary studies

(I "cheated" and used the search tool on the top right, lols)

So even though late round "is higher," they may also decrease or stay C (constant) due to my source..

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
OK, I thought doing this one point at a time would be best. Yes, I know Main round cut offs differ quite dramatically (But only for high demand courses and stuff). However, UAI's depends on a number of factors as well and these are:

1. the number of places available in the course
  2. the number of applicants for the course and
  3. the quality of those applicants.
Source: Universities Admissions Centre (NSW & ACT) Applicants with secondary studies

(I "cheated" and used the search tool on the top right, lols)

So even though late round "is higher," they may also decrease or stay C (constant) due to my source..
lol what else can a cut-off do? dance around? of course it either stays same, increase or decrease :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)