LateRoundOffer to UNSW Law with 98.35.. clerical error? (1 Viewer)

Crylias

HSC
I received a late round offer to combined law at UNSW with an atar of 98.35... the published cutoff is 99.7... i dont have any bonus points or EAS...

How is this possible? one of my friends had 99.2 and didnt get an offer to UNSW law.

I also had USYD law as first pref.. and the cutoff for that was 99.7 as well.. didnt make it..

I find it pretty strange that i made my 2nd pref instead of my 1st when the cutoff for the 2 were exactly the same..

Is this a clerical error?

Last edited:

ben150891

HSC
you wernt that far off. i got a late round offer for animal and veterinary bioscience which requires and atar of 84.05 and i have an ATAR of 79.45!
so lets just take our offers and run lol

JB10

HSC
you wernt that far off. i got a late round offer for animal and veterinary bioscience which requires and atar of 84.05 and i have an ATAR of 79.45!
so lets just take our offers and run lol
lol exactly.. Accept it before they realise their mistake ;)

EDIT: I'm not saying either of you are 'mistakes', it may have sounded that way.

ben150891

HSC
i just realised that my ATAR cut off for my course actually rised to 86 for the late round lol

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
post it on bos and notify the university and watch them take ur offer away. thats what most idiots would do. are u an idiot? that is the question.

hotdimsim

HSC
is it possible for a uni to revoke an offer? i mean, i just cant see them sending a letter, then later sending a letter saying "oh yeah, our bad, we actually dont want you"

the only reason being is that it screws up your opportunity to receive other offers in that round, and because of this you could reasonably argue that the uni in question has inadvertently sabotaged your chance at uni, or severely damaged it.

with this reasoning, i think uni's double and triple check offers before that notify UAC or VTAC etc.

jaychouf4n

HSC
wtf...

i got 99.5 and didn't get a 2nd round offer for unsw law...

Andi0390

HSC
i just realised that my ATAR cut off for my course actually rised to 86 for the late round lol
rose or has risen

To everyone else - sometimes good things happen, go with them. If things are going your way don't make a fuss. You may never know why you got in and someone else didn't. Move on, count your blessings. You play the hand you're dealt, and you'll find that sometimes you get dealt a good hand.

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
universities often make mistakes. administrators are humans after all. there have been cases in the past where applications have been screwed up and the university have sent or notified the applicants that the offer was incorrect.

i remember a guy last year who got an offer to a med school even though he didnt attend the interview.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
One of my friends got into a course without doing a pre-requisite subject required for it (No Maths Methods for BCom at The University of Melbourne). Weird, maybe it's the year of clerical errors.

rajputsingh

HSC
Take the offer and run! That is if it is really what you want to do.

To the person who got 99.55 jaychouf, I feel really sorry for you mate this has got to suck. Call up the uni and possibly try to get a reason from there. You may not get the spot however at least it may bring you some sort of comfort.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yeh, i agree. call them up and say some1 with 98.35 got in. in fact, i think every1 who got higher than 98.35 and wanted law at UNSW should do that. they would be forced to accept you all or reject the poor guy who got 98.35.

John555

HSC
yeh, i agree. call them up and say some1 with 98.35 got in. in fact, i think every1 who got higher than 98.35 and wanted law at UNSW should do that. they would be forced to accept you all or reject the poor guy who got 98.35.
If the OP did in fact get into UNSW law with his ATAR, then all I can say is gratz on shooting yourself in the foot. I know of a friend who was given an irregular offer by Monash, and he had to especially fly to Melbourne to enrol. Then on enrolment day, they revoked their offer because he didn't meet the math requirement. Talk about a waste of air fares.

So in my experience, universities can withdraw their offer.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
if you look at the OP's posts, a lot are about EAS etc. my bet is that he got the bonus points and is just trolling.

heavenfalling

HSC
I say accept the offer before the uni revokes the offer, I think unis do and can revoke offers.

jassono

HSC
"Excuse me, you gave me a hundred dollars change. It's supposed to be two dollars eighty"

Crylias

HSC
acutally if u look closer at my posts.. one of them says i received ZERO points for all the popular courses at UNSW in terms of EAS.. so EAS was useless anyways..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)