Latin Crew Meet Details (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok, I've tried collating the information from the old thread and I must say you guys are crap. Following is the current plan:

Date 26 February
Time ~1100 to... whenever
Doing Yum Cha (restaurant not decided), then we wing it
Meeting Somewhere near Chinatown, probably UTS

Yes, I know that this is during O-week, and thus need you guys to link me to the O-week timetables for your unis (UNSW USyd). If the above clashes with anything important (like compulsory attendance or something) then the other possibility is meeting in the afternoon on either Monday 23 or Thursday 26.

The times you gave (for those who did) all gave me a really hard time, and because of babydoll_ being in Vietnam, Frigid going on camp, and my bridging course, the only options are within O-week itself. Sorry everyone, if this doesn't work we may have to call it off.

So, if you would like to comment on the plan or make suggestions please do so here, but don't spam this thread because I really need to be able to find the information quickly. Thanks for helping out. :)

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i can't make 26th feb. from 10-12 is the french placement test

^___^
HSC
wheres that replacement test??

and 11am for yum cha in ct?

u need to wait for a while for seating like us...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Firstly, please to any prospective poster - NO spam!

See, that's what happens when you don't read earlier posts... people aren't sure about availability.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok the time was just experimental, we could easily start at 1300 to accomodate you Mic. As long as the DAY is ok we can shift things around. Anyone else?

Dots, we can always just book a table somewhere you know... like the Regent or something.

^___^
HSC
friday looks like a good day actually..

thats cos Pigs is unavailable at 4

the best time possible out of his 5...

but apparently flyin' is unavailable on friday

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Those times he posted are to accomodate work right? I was working on the assumption that he would be changing his load to accomodate O-week, and therefore would be free. Pigs, please tell me you've done that...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i can agree with the date and time. i reckon if we are going to yum cha first, we should go at 11am, coz anytime later will just drag it on (ie. chinese restaurants peak yum cha about 1-2pm, so we should go early). if mic has to do her french test, let us go yumcha first and have her join up with us later, yeah?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, if we book ahead we can go whatever damn time we like and it'll work. I wanted to have mic along because yum cha = good food + good conversation, and mic is good conversation. Not to mention it'll make the meal cheaper, and she'll be hungry after all that French.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Well, if we book ahead we can go whatever damn time we like and it'll work. I wanted to have mic along because yum cha = good food + good conversation, and mic is good conversation.
nah bro i dun think that would work... chinese restaurants on a first-come, first-serve basis. just coz you ring a day ahead, they are not gonna hold a eight person table for you vacant for half an hour while we wait to arrive man... esp during peak times. i dunno bout mic being good conversation...

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
that's cos you were stalking me frigid

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hey i promised lexi a picture of you since he wasn't attending the premiers man... jeez... :rolleyes:

edit: cancelled coz it sounded too harsh, bitter and misogynistic.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
hey i promised lexi a picture of you since he wasn't attending the premiers man... jeez... :rolleyes: [/B]
I confess responsibility here... sorry mic. :(

^___^
HSC
frigid is right

u can't "book" a table...

and even if its 11..diffculty will come when getting a table...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok I just checked the UNSW O-Week timetable, seems like the only person affected is Mic (with the French Placement test). This is good news, as only Pigs is going to USyd. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)