Law and ??? (1 Viewer)

Blaz-357

HSC
Lawyers don't really earn a lot. They just work thrice the average hours.
I heard those that graduate from com/LLB and work in the business area earn heaps, esp in the top-tier firms, like starting salary is like 60-70k per year.

Blaz-357

HSC
Strictly speaking, if you were majoring in Accounting in a normal B.Com degree you would have to have studied the following subjects:

However, if you're enrolled in Com/LLB it allows you to NOT take up these 4 subjects and therefore you won't have to learn things twice, so to speak, as your LLB subjects will have given you the required knowledge from the LEGT subjects. If I haven't made any sense I hope these links will make it clearer for you :)

UNSW Handbook Professional Recognition of Programs

UNSW Handbook Professional Recognition of Programs

http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/current_students/enrolment/docs/2009/4733_Commerce_Accounting_Law.pdf
So does that mean i would have less work load?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I heard those that graduate from com/LLB and work in the business area earn heaps, esp in the top-tier firms, like starting salary is like 60-70k per year.
How many hours do they work per week?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
hmmm sorry about reviving the thread - but how about if i wanted to do a bcomm/blaw but i wasn't very math orientated, what majors would suit me then?
Management, Marketing, Human Resources??

Those majors don't really require much maths based learning. Stay away from Accounting, Finance and in particular Actuarial studies if I were you lol.

jellybelly59

HSC
Management, Marketing, Human Resources??

Those majors don't really require much maths based learning. Stay away from Accounting, Finance and in particular Actuarial studies if I were you lol.
i was thinking more business economics and business strategy and economic management - how much maths are in those?

"Assumed Knowledge: A level of knowledge equivalent to achieving a mark of at least 60 in HSC Mathematics. Students who have taken General Mathematics will not have achieved the level of knowledge which is assumed for this course." from the UNSW website for the compulsory course quantitative analysis in the majors i talked about before but im guessing i need something better then a 60 (lol ill still probably get mid 80s to low 90s for maths) :p

Last edited:

onholidays

HSC
I've heard of a lot of com/law grads earning over 100K after 5 years in the industry. It's a pretty good combo and I think so many asians can't be wrong right? Not only asians but the fact that a lot of smart, ambitious people choose the combination or choose to do law period. I think that says a lot about the value of the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)