Law at Bond? (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice list.

Yeah just to reiterate, Monash and UNSW pioneered the socratic harvard style of teaching in Australia - other law schools are now starting to adopt this

Ribbon

Thanks for all the info asq... at the mo I'm stuck between business/law at newcastle and commerce/law at anu... the commerce/business degrees are basically the same (same core courses and similar majors- they both have management and marketing which were the majors i was considering) so I'm not worried about which uni on that aspect, but I don't know what to list as a first preference because:
(a) although anu obviously has a better reputation, the good universities guide gives newcastle a 'better better better' for teaching quality, generic skills and overall satisfactions respectively and anu only gets a worse, average average score...
(b) cost of living in and around canberra is bloody ridiculous, I don't want to spend the next 5 years of my life being opprsively poor... also financial difficulties adversly affects study...
(c) I've been to newcastle uni open day, but havn't and won't get a chance to check out anu
(d) Its actually easier for me to get into anu @ 95.00 compared to newcastle @ 93.10 because anu accepts the EAS scheme... also the uac guide specifically says submit a letter outlining your reasons for studying law by 5th jan and you might get in under the cutoff... also - anu had a lower entry score than newcastle in 2002 ?

I really have no idea what to do about my #1 & #2 preferences... if anu didn't have such a high cost of living in the area i'd be sold on it straight away... in addition to all these considerations, my b/f is moving down to wherever I go to uni... hes a newly qualified IT technitian doing extremely well in a decently-paid job (which I'm going to rip the poor guy out of!) and I heard there were quite a few IT jobs around the canberra area (can't always believe everything you hear though, so I was wondering if anyone could confirm this?) so the IT job market plays a huge part in my choice of uni....

theres so many things to consider, and I don't want to hate myself 5 years down the track for chosing the wrong university :(

if anyone wants to offer any advice it'd be greatly appretiated...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
There's a uni called Maccas?

WTF?
Macquarie? :p lol Maccas

I'm going to eat at Maccas (Mcdonalds) puhahahaha yeah a gay joke :eek:

shazabdazla

...what about jcu in cairns or southern cross lismore...

...if reputation doesn't really matter if you get a high score,

1) north coast uni's have poorer resources than sydney uni's??

2) but, cheaper to live north=less financial hardship in study...and, financial hardship can adversely affect study results..

3) north=balance...and balance of work and leisure for me means happiness and success..i surf and love relaxed tropical places (i no cairns has no surf..lol...but close to bali)

4) higher starting wages at sydney uni's??

........jcu and scu in good uni's guide were rated like, worse average worse....

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ribbon, where do u live ATM? coz if you live within a certain distance from newcastle uni you get an extra 4 points on your uai when they consider you for their courses
dunno how exactly it works, all i know is i get it coz of where i live..dunno where the boundaries are tho (and its not a distance EAS thing, everyone within this area gets the points)

Ribbon

LoL ok... b/f is already applying for a job in canberra so hopefully he'll get that...

it'll be a bitch if he does and anu doesn't accept me :p

anyways... anu here I come (hopefully!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)