and just for the record, this year's UNSW medcamp is at Narrabeen too. :p
Ohhhhh dear. :worried:

:D

Well, I suppose it IS a good spot. :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
OH MY GOD! I LIVE IN NARRABEEN! :eek:
LOL! Well, look on the bright side...you can show us around, if it's crap you can sneak off home quickly....:p

and just for the record, this year's UNSW medcamp is at Narrabeen too. :p
Good, you can join us in hoping the place is decent :D. When is med camp?

Soul: Milson's Point - ex-lunatic asylum

(i've been, no, i mean on camp!)

converted to ultra-cheapo "recreation centre"
Are Milson's Island and Milson's Point the same place? i'd only heard of Milson's Point, perhaps the guy who told me got it wrong. It'd be a great coincidence if they both existed and both had rec centres. How was it when you were there Soul?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Ohhhhh dear. :worried:

:D

Well, I suppose it IS a good spot. :p
eh - well actually it was meant to be at some island resort, but they were concerned about the cost of airlifting drunken louts away to hospitals.

Soul

New Title...
i went to Milson's iSLAND so i meant that! sorry!

and it was ok, but could have been better, typical crappy log cabins with bbq lunches etc... actually it was alright, u gotta share rooms obviously... i wonder who i'll go with?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
kini mini - camp is march 7-9 I think
Seems a fair bit later than the commerce and law ones. I wonder if each camp is going to have a unique style? :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Soul
i went to Milson's iSLAND so i meant that! sorry!

and it was ok, but could have been better, typical crappy log cabins with bbq lunches etc... actually it was alright, u gotta share rooms obviously... i wonder who i'll go with?
Sounds alright, not much different from your average school camp :). Rooms at all the ones I've been to have been 4-6 ppl at least, but I suppose it'll depend on how many people actually turn up.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Seems a fair bit later than the commerce and law ones. I wonder if each camp is going to have a unique style? :p
hee hee...yes..well...from what I hear of previous years, the unique style of medcamp would be the collapsing of half of first year from intoxication (chances of which are greatly increased by the fact that most these first years have never had two drinks to rub together in their stressful pre-uni lives), also due to endless supply of alcohol (provided by major sponsors, the logos of whom appear on all offical merchandise), and the atmosphere of silliness created by the fact that we will all be wearing only bedsheets....(camp rules)

I hope there will be a place to hide.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy

hee hee...yes..well...from what I hear of previous years, the unique style of medcamp would be the collapsing of half of first year from intoxication (chances of which are greatly increased by the fact that most these first years have never had two drinks to rub together in their stressful pre-uni lives), also due to endless supply of alcohol (provided by major sponsors, the logos of whom appear on all offical merchandise), and the atmosphere of silliness created by the fact that we will all be wearing only bedsheets....(camp rules)

I hope there will be a place to hide.
ROFL! Only bedsheets! :giddy:

Hmmm I hope the major sponsors at our camp provide more than one sort of alcohol, I don't like beer...anyway I'm sure most people have rubbed 2 drinks together, even such sheltered people as myself, it's what I might do if I rub 10 together that worries me :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Yay :D i don't care about the facilities etc...I HAVE CAMP! :D

Lol, you guys must be so pleased you're not going to my uni - I'm way too overenthusiastic for u all ;) :p :)

Did anyone see that article in spike a few weeks ago about how the law firms put on a party for their summer interns and the room got smashed up by drunk law students??? And how they have now decided to do away with the party at the end of the internship, and just retain the one at the beginning - when all the students are still on their best behaviour to make a good impression? hehe, just reminded me of the copious amounts of alcohol that should be available on camp ;) and camp without the usual restirctions of school... but *ugh* don't actually want to *stay* at a camp...;)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii

Lol, you guys must be so pleased you're not going to my uni - I'm way too overenthusiastic for u all ;) :p :)
It's people like you who are *really* unpopular on Monday mornings :D.

Did anyone see that article in spike a few weeks ago about how the law firms put on a party for their summer interns and the room got smashed up by drunk law students??? And how they have now decided to do away with the party at the end of the internship, and just retain the one at the beginning - when all the students are still on their best behaviour to make a good impression? hehe, just reminded me of the copious amounts of alcohol that should be available on camp ;) and camp without the usual restirctions of school... but *ugh* don't actually want to *stay* at a camp...;)
Yes, I read that one :D. I think it was more than a room, the entire restaurant or club wasn't it, ~ $50K worth of damage LOL!

Camp update for UNSW - talked to president of law society today, the camp will be $95 and it is indeed at the Narrabeen sports institute which should be great. He said they expect about 150 people to come, mostly first year students.

I wonder if I'll be able to find enough sober people to go kayaking etc? ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Camp update for UNSW - talked to president of law society today, the camp will be $95 and it is indeed at the Narrabeen sports institute which should be great. He said they expect about 150 people to come, mostly first year students.
Oh, that should be good, nice place (we had a school camp there a few years ago). There were two types of cabins... some very average, dodgey sort of cabins, and some other (seemingly) very nice cabins with ensuites. We were stuck with the dodgey ones, naturally. :p

I wonder what kayaking would be like drunk. :gridnod:

kini mini

HSC
Oh, that should be good, nice place (we had a school camp there a few years ago). There were two types of cabins... some very average, dodgey sort of cabins, and some other (seemingly) very nice cabins with ensuites. We were stuck with the dodgey ones, naturally. :p
I had a school camp there in 1994 :D. The cabins were alright then, hope they've been done up since! :p

I wonder what kayaking would be like drunk. :gridnod:
I know I'm not very good at kayaking sober , took me half an hour on the river in Christchurch last year before I started to get the hang of it again...kayaking drunk would be suicidal ;).

I refuse to get into a canoe with drunks by the way, I don't like capsizing :giddy:

1 more

fructis
HSC
We were stuck with the dodgey ones, naturally. :p
*a deluge of sepia tinted memories comes flooding back of 1997, yr 7 orientation camp*
We were introduced to the parsimonious nature of our high school by occupying the very same substandard cabins as you.
This was made far worse by the fact that another school spent their air-conditioned evenings watching Melrose Place; while we idled away the sleepless nights armed with aeroguard. ahhhh the memories.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I refuse to get into a canoe with drunks by the way, I don't like capsizing :giddy:
bahh... capsizing is half the fun. :uhhuh:

Originally posted by 1 more
This was made far worse by the fact that another school spent their air-conditioned evenings watching Melrose Place; while weidled away the sleepless nights armed with aeroguard.
Oh yes... another school was occupying the luxury cabins whilst we were there as well. Needless to say, they were soon known as simply 'the enemy' and were subject to several midnight pranks (or so I hear :D).

kini mini

HSC
bahh... capsizing is half the fun. :uhhuh:
It's fun when you wade around grabbing people's canoes and flipping them, but when some idiot who is actually trying to get in manages to flip it it's an unwelcome surprise ;).

Oh yes... another school was occupying the luxury cabins whilst we were there as well. Needless to say, they were soon known as simply 'the enemy' and were subject to several midnight pranks (or so I hear :D).
Surely the law soc has the $$$ to get us nice cabins...judging by the stuff they gave me today they have lots of sponsors. One of the orgainisers of last year's camp was bragging about getting a special on 1500 bottles of Barcardi somethink for the 2002 law camp. That's 10 each or so :D.

1 more

fructis
HSC

judging by the stuff they gave me today

ooooh what did you get? i didnt get anything :(

lol laz...very suspect...:D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
kini...u were with the law soc people today?
where were these people!?

i never saw a law person all day

!!

and free stuff did u say?....free stuff from the law people??? what sorta stuff?
There was a law soc tent on the main walkway :). They were giving out bags of stuff, the law soc magazine and the usual trinkets. I'm sure you can get it tomorrow.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more

*a deluge of sepia tinted memories comes flooding back of 1997, yr 7 orientation camp*
We were introduced to the parsimonious nature of our high school by occupying the very same substandard cabins as you.
This was made far worse by the fact that another school spent their air-conditioned evenings watching Melrose Place; while we idled away the sleepless nights armed with aeroguard. ahhhh the memories.
Its so funny that you're going back, considering I've been referring to law camp as yr 7 orientation camp with alcohol...Will it make you feel young or old I wonder...? Interesting again, because from what i remember, our reaction to those same sub-standard cabins resulted in our removal from the campsite and being told we would never be allowed to stay there again...Ahh those were the days ;) But if the anecdotes of the law camp antics are based even remotely in the truth, then we were evicted for no reason...We couldn't possibly have been as bad as drunk 18year olds...? :p :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)