law camp (1 Viewer)

Soul

New Title...
And soul, i swear u mentioned something about avoiding the boards for a bit...? :D
Aaah, now you're hallucinating, where did you see that? *secret smile ;) *

Really Timmi, IF that IS your real name - you're getting worse!

1st you start all this UNSW vs usyd rivalry, then you carp on about how we get all the mega-super-magic-fun activities while you guys cancelled your own harry potter camp and then you start bringing in star/trek/wars metaphors and equating us with them and if thats not enough you try to manipulate personal invites off us when you know that we're all personally booked out for weeks on end (I'm personally booked out till end of March! VIP this, that etc) and THEN you start making wild accusations about respectable bored members! like ooh Soul ain't coming back! huh! and then you play the victim in this thread, ...we tormenting you?! you think this is some grand conspiracy don't you! really Timmi, you're ranting and raving... ;)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Soul

1st you start all this UNSW vs usyd rivalry, then you carp on about how we get all the mega-super-magic-fun activities while you guys cancelled your own harry potter camp and then you start bringing in star/trek/wars metaphors and equating us with them and if thats not enough you try to manipulate personal invites off us when you know that we're all personally booked out for weeks on end (I'm personally booked out till end of March! VIP this, that etc) and THEN you start making wild accusations about respectable bored members! like ooh Soul ain't coming back! huh! and then you play the victim in this thread, ...we tormenting you?! you think this is some grand conspiracy don't you! really Timmi, you're ranting and raving... ;)
ROFLMAO! :D :D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
rofl soul! brilliant. :D

btw, I heard our law camp is at the rec. centre in Broken Bay!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
rofl soul! brilliant. :D

btw, I heard our law camp is at the rec. centre in Broken Bay!
I went there for a school camp in 1998 and the facilities were a bit pathetic, hopefully they've done it up a bit since!

But even so $80 sounds pretty cheap for a weekend there, maybe it's really heavily subsidised.

My lasting memories from 1998 are going canoeing when the shark net was down on the beach for repairs (great way of discouraging capsizing :p ), the incredibly bad food, and the bivouac on a stormy night where people's tents blew down but me and my mates had tied ours to a tree :D.

timmii

sporadic attendee
*concession of defeat*

eh, you got me...I'll retreat and let you all bask in your self-contentment :D

kini mini

HSC
Re: *concession of defeat*

Originally posted by timmii

eh, you got me...I'll retreat and let you all bask in your self-contentment :D
Muahahahahhahaha ;) :D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
But even so $80 sounds pretty cheap for a weekend there, maybe it's really heavily subsidised.
I wouldn't be surprised; both USYD and UNSW law societies seem to have enormous budgets.

My lasting memories from 1998 are going canoeing when the shark net was down on the beach for repairs (great way of discouraging capsizing :p ), the incredibly bad food, and the bivouac on a stormy night where people's tents blew down but me and my mates had tied ours to a tree :D.
Hahah! It's just not a camp without bad food and midnight forays. ;)

Btw, timmii, is that 'Ariel' in your avatar? :p

Soul

New Title...
*shakes fist* the evil machinations of 'timmii'/arial must be stopped!!!

hehehehehe!!! :rofl:

Yep, I'm definately looking forward to law camp - so are you implying that we're staying in tents ? or are we in little cabins?

kini mini

HSC
Re: *shakes fist* the evil machinations of 'timmii'/arial must be stopped!!!

hehehehehe!!! :rofl:

Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to law camp - so are you implying that we're staying in tents ? or are we in little cabins?
The number of times I had to watch that Ariel movie before my sis got tired of it :rolleyes: ;)

There are decent cabins there, but who knows if we'll get them. Some other school that was there in 98 at the same time got tents on the oval. I thought it was funny at the time, esp since some of their tents were transparent (dunno who provided them), but I'm not so sure now :p

Surely it can't be tents though...staggering around a dark oval at night looking for one tent in a hundred is a recipe for disaster ;) :D

I wouldn't be surprised; both USYD and UNSW law societies seem to have enormous budgets.
We'll probably have to make some contributions later then.

Last edited:

1 more

fructis
HSC
hmmm tim, who is your current avatar? (i wouldn't know of course... deprived childhood!)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by 1 more
hmmm tim, who is your current avatar? (i wouldn't know of course... deprived childhood!)
I did say i was leaving, but this is a rather non-controversial topic so i will temporaritly re-enter the thread...

It's belle from beauty and the beast. Bit fuzzy tho. I considered opting for jasmine from aladdin, but her low-cut top was a bit too risque for these boards (i thought... ;) :p ).

Seriously though, we have to sort that childhood out for you! What disney *have* you seen, and i'll try and find an appropriate avatar...

oh and btw laz, good observation on the ariel before, and kini - the numerous viewing will only assist in ur "snag" status and may lead later to the adoration of you by many female fans :p

Soul

New Title...
come back timmii!!!! Nooo!! *pleading*

I did say i was leaving, but this is a rather non-controversial topic so i will temporaritly re-enter the thread...
who will i torment now? lol,

ok, ok, it wasnt just you, it was ME! i was the master architect of this conspiracy to invade the boards and i'll stop right now

im really sorry! (the drink thing still stands though! at least now it'll never be claimed! lol)

seriously, i was joking before, i'll stop RIGHT NOW...... :(

you were right 2 - I aint coming back ! for at least a week...*must not log on to boards...must not log on to boards...*

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
is this where I make you a moderator and take your soul, Soul? :p

Soul

New Title...
getting back on topic (before i go)

PS: ROFL, Laz man! u mean my act of apologising redeems my mistakes and i can now be a mod *god bless you!* OR as i suspect, I have unwittingly evidenced that it was my nefarious act of invading this thread and tormenting poor timmii that has put me in your "never to be a mod' file!!! OR even more way out you approved of this whole thing and consider me your disciple of the DARK SIDE!(SkanDi started this Dark i think) this whole board being your own little kingdom and you being the devil - now taking my soul for my indulgences!!

No, No, Let me steer this thread back to the true path its great creator originally intended... ( i am now a timmii fan)

I heard that at the UNSW law camp last year some rather, well, interesting things happened... well rumors anyway!

-I heard that they advertise the camp as being a total drink fest but on the night you get there they actually usher all of you into this massive unlit room for a 'suprise', and then suddenly a projector flicks on and *gasp* they reveal that it was a trick to get all of you to go on an intensive tort and contract law seminar!!! hehe nah just j/k - but these are real

-like people coming back with no memory of what happened at the camp (if there is alcohol i can believe that one)
-like relationships forming and breaking several times during the camp
- I did hear of a case of alcohol poisoning a few years back
- And i definately did hear that LAW CAMP IS NOT TO BE MISSED!

- and timmii, i can and will email a friend in 2nd year commerce law usyd and ask if law camp is on this year, im certain it is!

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
:drink:

:gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod: :gridnod:

kini mini

HSC

oh and btw laz, good observation on the ariel before, and kini - the numerous viewing will only assist in ur "snag" status and may lead later to the adoration of you by many female fans :p
S.N.A.G. indeed, "New Age" definitely does not describe me! :p

Soul
-like people coming back with no memory of what happened at the camp (if there is alcohol i can believe that one)
-like relationships forming and breaking several times during the camp
- I did hear of a case of alcohol poisoning a few years back
- And i definitely did hear that LAW CAMP IS NOT TO BE MISSED!
I've been wondering about no memory, no memory could mean that they do remember and there's absolutely no way they're going to tell us :p !

Relationships breaking and forming multiple times is what I expected anyway :D

Come to think of it, I hope there aren't any of those silly games to build "team spirit" or anything. Probably not, unless the sponsors actually come to the camp with us :p! I wonder what the sponsors get out of it though?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
is this where I make you a moderator and take your soul, Soul? :p
i wonder how many people appreciate the significance of the pun ... admin/mods ... :)

1 more

fructis
HSC

Come to think of it, I hope there aren't any of those silly games to build "team spirit" or anything.
"...going around the circle, everybody say their name, along with an adjective to describe themselves..."

:rolleyes:

timmii

sporadic attendee
And what adjective would you use? :p

*argh* peer support memories...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)